SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Need a new glock 19 gen4 lower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new glock 19 gen4 lower Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
My new g19 just had some trauma and the frame is screwed. Any suggestions? Do you think glock will replace it. If so, does anyone know how much?

I know about the polymer80 powers but have not seen gen4 models.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think they can supply a replacement if it is a manufactured defect. It takes a bit longer if you want the same serial number.

You may be better served shopping for a lower or selling your upper and getting a new one.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Glock and tell them the truth. If the trauma involved using it for a hammer they may not replace. I have sent several Glocks back with no problem, they paid for shipping as well.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker if Glock doesn't replace it.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Well, it was on the roof of my wife's car and she left without telling me. It's my fault. I was mowing the yard. Made it about five miles down the road. The slide seems fine.

I call glock and tell them the truth. Hopefully they'll replace it.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, it was on the roof of my wife's car and she left without telling me. It's my fault. I was mowing the yard. Made it about five miles down the road. The slide seems fine.

I call glock and tell them the truth. Hopefully they'll replace it.

I think I might leave off the details when you call Glock. You can say fell from the roof onto concrete. That is essentially correct. Thanks though for your honesty and a good laugh. I NEVER do stuff like that. ha ha

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm fairly certain they will replace it for $100 + shipping.

Posts: 185 | Registered: July 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
One other option, you could get that model 32 you always wanted and have a conversion kit for 9mm.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It will help if you tell them you are LE.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
100 bucks for a replacement frame, no questions asked. Just call Glock.
Like jljones said above, if you're an LE, they may replace it for cheaper if not for free minus shipping.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone. I'm very happy I found it so quickly and someone else didn't. It could have been a terrible tragedy. The only reason it was on top of her car was because a not so good guy is dating a girl down the street and he was outside, too. I normally don't put my off duty there but I wanted it somewhere I could access it fast if need be.

I'm sick about the whole thing. I will call Glock Wednesday as I'm sure they'll be closed tomorrow.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I also meant to ask if anyone knows if I'll have to send this one back? If so, just the frame or the slide, too?

In the past, if I ever sent anything. Ack I would ask for a shipping label and I was never denied. They never offered either. I always asked.

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
I also meant to ask if anyone knows if I'll have to send this one back? If so, just the frame or the slide, too?

In the past, if I ever sent anything. Ack I would ask for a shipping label and I was never denied. They never offered either. I always asked.

Just send the frame. Remove any aftermarket parts if you have any as they will be replaced with factory. If you return the frame completely stripped they will replace the missing parts for free. So send it completely stripped. Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:

Just send the frame. Remove any aftermarket parts if you have any as they will be replaced with factory. If you return the frame completely stripped they will replace the missing parts for free. So send it completely stripped. Smile

Clear on that! Thanks!

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Did another car run it over?

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
Did another car run it over?

No, I do not believe so. H

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Glock. They said to just send it in with a note of what happened. I figured I'd do it on letterhead. He said no to the mailing label. He did say I could send in the frame. I asked if there were any special mailing instructions or an RA. He said no. So, off it goes! Hopefully turnaround won't be too long.