SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    (UPDATED in original post) Which would you select: P10-C, PPQ M2 or VP9?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(UPDATED in original post) Which would you select: P10-C, PPQ M2 or VP9? Login/Join 
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
The VP9 is almost identical in size to the P30L which is no compact. Some guys can conceal a full size gun and if that's the case, I would pick the VP9.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why no P320 Compact?

Of those three I would go for the CZP10C, handled one at NRA show and was impressed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3503 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG P320 Compact

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still own a Gen 4 G19 that was manufactured within the last year, and it has been the best Glock (accurate and no brass to the face) that I have ever owned. *But* it is not factory stock, as I have added a Vickers mag release and slide stop/ release and an Overwatch Precision the Falx trigger ( it uses the Glock factory trigger bar and is the only aftermarket trigger I will put in a Glock) and Redback One sights to get the pistol how *I* want/like it. Really I have nothing bad to say about it in its current form. Enter my CZ P-10c which has better out of the box practical accuracy than the many Glock 9mm pistols I have had through the years, probably around 1.5-2.5" inches better *out of the box* at 25 yds than the *stock* Glock's 9mm I have owned. Once broken in the mag release and slide release work just fine with no issues. My mags drop, no problem. For me it has better ergos ( feels better in the hand, undercut trigger guard and no finger grooves) and it points more natural for me and the sights are right on when I bring it up to sight. The trigger on *my* CZ P-10c doesn't quite meet the hype *yet* (it needs to be shot more), it is not bad , the of amount takeup to the wall is fine, then just a little creep ( which is getting less each day) before it breaks. Trigger reset is excellent. Currently the break on mine is probably 1-1.5 lbs heavier than I prefer. Weather you choose a glock or CZ P-10c the sights will have to go, unless you have a thing for aluminum or plastic. The CZ P-10c also is very flat shooting with very little muzzle flip, unlike some other pistols. I will probably keep my G19 for around 6 months yet until the CZ P-10c is more proven out to me, before I dump it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Biggy,

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Tween those 3, the VP9

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VP9SK.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with the P-10C, but I do have the PPQ. VP9, P320C and the G19g4.
One can consider the PPQ to be a compact pistol but the VP9 is not. The only reason I like the G19 is that and in the words of the range officer at the range, the G19 is no longer a Glock; the barrel, the trigger, the grip, and all the "innards" are my non-glock configurations. I even shaved the grip to my comfort. So, more to the point, the VP9 is a terrific range gun; the trigger and accuracy are terrific, but carries OWB/ not IWB unless God endowed you with hight. The PPQ is very comparable to the VP9 and does not require size or height.
As for me, well I carry IWB a P320C, w/GGI PELT straight trigger, SC grip wrapped in Talon Rubber Grips in an Ozark holster. I rotate my carry with several other pistols depending on the amount of trigger time and confidence I may have with the piece.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've own PPQ VP9 and the P320, i'll try the P10C cause i find that all those pistols have too much muzzle flip, except the G1ocks. For me they are a little bit too snappy, wich is not the case for exemple with the P2000/P30, but the VP9 have no recoil reduction system.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got 600 rounds through a P-10C, and am very happy with it. Will get the full size when available.
Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

When I tried the CZ P10-C at LGS factory shoot they also had a PPQ on the table. I lined them up sitting on their sights. The P10-C and PPQ are the same height, the P-10C is longer than the PPQ, and the P10-C is heavier than the PPQ.

As fas as holsters I have been reading that the P10-C does not necessarily fit kydex holsters specific for the Glock 19 - Raven was mentioned and some others. Leather holster are usually fine though.

If anyone is interested on CGW take of the P10-C, Google "Close up of the P-10-C". Not exactly inspiring for a pistol billed as perfecting perfection LOL.

My google-fu is weak. Do you have a link?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
I'm getting a VP9 for Father's Day, so you can guess what my suggestion will be Big Grin I pick it up today and can't wait!

Did you consider the Military Arms Channel's gauntlet test failure before you went with the VP9? I get that MAC's testing is not really scientific but other pistols do perform substantially better which makes me wonder if there is merit to the test (or does the VP9 just comes with tighter tolerances).

Watched MAC tested the 509....Horrible.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:

When I tried the CZ P10-C at LGS factory shoot they also had a PPQ on the table. I lined them up sitting on their sights. The P10-C and PPQ are the same height, the P-10C is longer than the PPQ, and the P10-C is heavier than the PPQ.

As fas as holsters I have been reading that the P10-C does not necessarily fit kydex holsters specific for the Glock 19 - Raven was mentioned and some others. Leather holster are usually fine though.

If anyone is interested on CGW take of the P10-C, Google "Close up of the P-10-C". Not exactly inspiring for a pistol billed as perfecting perfection LOL.

My google-fu is weak. Do you have a link?

I don't believe forum rules allow me to post the link to another forum. Google "Close up of the P-10-C" and it will be in the link that includes www..czfirearms..us › GENERAL › Cajun Gun Works

If you still can't find it email me using the email address in my profile and I will email you the link.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't believe forum rules allow me to post the link to another forum.

It's my understanding that restriction only applies if said link is or might be related to something that might precipitate a cross-forum battle.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
UPDATED in the original post.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You chose wisely BB61. Hard to pass up the VP9 at the prices one can find them at these days.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations BB61! I haven't gotten to shoot mine yet, but here are some pics with the threaded barrel and DeadAir Ghost-M:

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
VP9 and PPQ compacts? In hand I tend to think of mine as being more like the G17, not the G19.

Size-wise, the CZ wins. It fits G19 holsters

You do know that the guy posting these "close ups" is the guy from Cajun Gun Works and he's only doing that to lay the ground work for his aftermarket parts that will be coming out soon for this platform. The pistol is perfectly fine as is out of the box.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Ive had issues with the last 2 Walthers I bought. While I wont condemn them, they will never get another dime from me.

The P10C while made by a reputable company is still a newer gun and regardless of who made it, these days you have to proceed with caution on new releases.

I see you've picke dthe VP9 and that would have been my choice as well. Ive had 8 of them now including an SK and none of them have bobbled. That includes shooting in the rain and snow from 15-100 degrees.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post