SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    (UPDATED in original post) Which would you select: P10-C, PPQ M2 or VP9?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(UPDATED in original post) Which would you select: P10-C, PPQ M2 or VP9? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have always classified pistols by size this way.

Fullsize pistols = full length grip frame and slide like the glock g17, P226, full size P320 and even the VP9, etc.

Compact pistols = have a little bit shorter grip frame and slide length, like the P320c, CZ P-10C, Glock G19, etc.

Subcompact pistols = pistols with and even shorter grip frame and slide length, like the Glock 26, etc.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I've shot all three of the ones you have listed and I'd go:
1. PPQ M2
2. VP9
3. P10-C

I don't own any of the three you have listed, but I have (4) P320's Wink

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
The CZ P10C for me. I have a POQ Navy, had a 320 and VP9, meh for me. I like HK USP, LEM triggers, along with my P30. The APX is a close second to the P10C. Regardless, just purchased a P10C, hopefully here by Sat.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just sold my PPQ, never had a problem.. I just wasn't "married" to it. For me it's a tie between the P320 compact or the VP9sk. I have both and they would be my last two guns to go. I put no real weight in the Military Arms Chanel's gauntlet test. It's cool internet fodder, but come on.. he uses Fiocchi ammunition! Big Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
VP9 and PPQ compacts? In hand I tend to think of mine as being more like the G17, not the G19.

Size-wise, the CZ wins. It fits G19 holsters.

Shooting-wise, the jury's still out for me. Haven't shot the P-10C yet. Of the other two the HK is the one I prefer overall. I shoot both pretty well, but just meld with and shoot the VP9 a bit better.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but the P10C didn't do anything for me, at least not the one I had. I only put a few hundred rounds through it, but the trigger was still about even with my well-used Glock 19. I've sold it already.

The PPQ and VP9 are about even to me. I like both triggers a lot better than the P10C. I don't carry any of them, so the size doesn't matter to me, but the P10C is definitely more compact due to the shorter grip.

Personally, I'd get something that's been out for a while. Mags and other accessories should be easier to find at a decent price.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I don't have experience with the other two, but the PPQ is an outstanding pistol. I would buy it because it is a great gun, and Walther has a $100 rebate going right now. Under $400 after rebate for arguably the better gun. You can always get one of the others later.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory favors
Preparation
posted Hide Post
I've had my p10c for a couple of weeks now. When I received it, I found a few things that were problematic.
1. Trigger press was glitchy, creepy and unpredictable in excess of 6lbs.
2. Slide release was extremely difficult.
3. Magazine release was difficult to operate without shifting hand position.

1. I remedied the 6lb plus creepy, spongy trigger which required a complete disassembly, polishing and some light stoning of the trigger components (especially the trigger bar striker engagement component)and striker, a good cleaning and lube job, and replaced the striker spring with a wolf 4lb striker spring. The trigger is now a consistent and reliable 3lb 10 oz trigger with a defined wall prior to release. If you want heavier just clip a couple of coils off the stock spring.
2. Polished and beveled the slide release, resulting in a usable slide release.
3. Polished and beveled the magazine release and polished the magazine cutout where it contacts the release resulting in a mag dump I can operate with my thumb without a hand shift. Do not replace or lighten the mag release spring.
I have a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 4 G19 which I love dearly but the P10c is now quickly winning me over. Since the improvements I've put another 300 rounds through it without a hitch. I'm loving the trigger which has a very quick reset, smooth take up and short trigger after travel to stop. It's extremely accurate, the right amount of grip texture (for me), mild recoil, low bore axis, and an FDE frame!! To make it better than perfection I would need a set of Trijicon HD's with orange front. I have those on all my Glocks. I'm not a big fan of three dots but in daylight, I barely notice them. It definitely could have been better from the factory but the mods were not that difficult. Hope this helps with your decision.

P226 X5 L1 9mm
P226r ST 9mm
P229 ST Elite .40 S&W

Posts: 342 | Location: Northwoods of WI | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
VP9 and PPQ compacts? In hand I tend to think of mine as being more like the G17, not the G19.

Size-wise, the CZ wins. It fits G19 holsters

When I tried the CZ P10-C at LGS factory shoot they also had a PPQ on the table. I lined them up sitting on their sights. The P10-C and PPQ are the same height, the P-10C is longer than the PPQ, and the P10-C is heavier than the PPQ.

As fas as holsters I have been reading that the P10-C does not necessarily fit kydex holsters specific for the Glock 19 - Raven was mentioned and some others. Leather holster are usually fine though.

If anyone is interested on CGW take of the P10-C, Google "Close up of the P-10-C". Not exactly inspiring for a pistol billed as perfecting perfection LOL.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of those listed, I'd choose the PPQ M2 (a friend has one) or a VP9. I wouldn't call either of them compact, though. They're closer to G17 size.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a one persons comparison review of two pistols . I feel most any of the pistols previously mentioned would be fine and one isn't truly head and shoulders above the others, except in your mind. Just pick the one you think you like the most and get really good with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF2Fatg4BrQ&t=3s

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Keep magazine costs in mind between the 3.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
After having a P320, PPQ, VP9 and now the APX, the APX is the keeper.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All good guns, but vp9 for me. As for the MAC test, well, everyone points to that ONE test yet there are several like this one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc&t=35s

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out of all the pistols mentioned above, just pick the one you think you like or one that meets your needs the best. IMHO, unless you have actually owned and shot each one (not just finger banged it at the local gun shop) and you have at least ran a reasonable amount of different types of ammo through it, one cannot really make an impartial and accurate judgement about it. Some pistols grip frames are full size and taller than others and not quite as concealable. Some have a lower bore axis and some seem to point more natural, some might have a *little* better trigger, or have a little better this or that, *to you* than others, etc., etc.
Also what you *think* you like the best, the results might be totally different than if you could shoot all the pistols listed back to back, shooting at the same distance, with many different types ( brands and weights) of ammo. And most importantly, ** unless you are using a timer to monitor split times **, it is all just so much noise.I think currently that most of the top tier 9mm striker fired pistols are close enough overall, that it is more about the shooters ability than about the pistol chosen.

Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I say PPQ M2, second to a G19.

My Father's day purchase:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/657263833

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Of the 3, PPQ

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:

Nice.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:

Nice.

That's a great price for a regular Gen4. For being an early adopter of the latest with forward serrations, well done.

Hmm...just noticed the extended slide stop in the pic. Now Glock is doing what some of us had been doing for years...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you have narrowed your search to quality guns, then you should just get the one that fits YOUR hand the best..... If it doesn't feel good in your hand, you'll eventually trade it off. No one else's opinion matters.

That's my opinion ! mike

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post