SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock trigger on a g43?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock trigger on a g43? Login/Join 
posted
Will a smooth trigger from another glock model fit on the 43? After shooting a couple of boxes of ammo, the serrated trigger has my finger sore from cutting into it. I would like to replace it with a smooth factory trigger.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'd have to switch out the shoe on the trigger bar. It's a do it yourself job.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Does anyone actually like the serrated triggers? I can't think of anyone I know that does.

I wonder why Glock uses them on some guns but not others.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Also, you can do what I did, and yes, I think it was worth the price paid:

Overwatch Falx for G43

First, I bought one for my G42 and liked it so much, I bought one for the G43. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Importation points for a "target" trigger.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankeryanker:
Will a smooth trigger from another glock model fit on the 43? After shooting a couple of boxes of ammo, the serrated trigger has my finger sore from cutting into it. I would like to replace it with a smooth factory trigger.

You can install a new trigger shoe but that probably isn't necessary.

On my G-43 I just used an X-Acto knife (with new sharp blade) then scraped (not cut but scraped with blade at a right angle).

With a little scraping & patience I removed most of the serrations & slightly rounded the trigger shoe outer edges.

No more trigger bite & no more trigger finger irritation.

Scrape a little then shoot the gun, if it still bothers you then scrape more in the areas that are bothering you.

I have done most of my serrated trigger Glocks this way & actually like the reworked triggers better than the factory smooth ones.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I may try the G17 trigger shoe on the stock 43 bar, but I'll need to acquire another stock 43 setup in case I flub it up.

Overwatch looks awesome but that's a lot of scratch for me to spend on the G43, and I haven't reached the tipping point to go that way as of yet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
That Overwatch Falx is great on the small framed G43 and G42 where a lot of people need to put more of their trigger finger in and pull with the first joint or there abouts. It's prefect for the way I shoot the small gun. Overwatch also offers a smooth but flat trigger shoe if you prefer that to the rounded face of the Falx. Have one of those on my G19.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I installed a smooth G17 trigger in my G23. What a difference. The original trigger was chewing up my finger.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Also, you can do what I did, and yes, I think it was worth the price paid:

Overwatch Falx for G43

First, I bought one for my G42 and liked it so much, I bought one for the G43. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
quote:
Importation points for a "target" trigger.

That's awesome. I have the TAC in my 19 and remember you talking about purchasing the Falx a month or so ago. I had been putting off purchasing one for my 43 but may have to here soon.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone actually like the serrated triggers? I can't think of anyone I know that does.

The serrated triggers were done to address import regulation.

I run smooth triggers on all my Glocks but the G43, which has a serrated trigger. I don't swap shoes, but use complete OEM trigger bars.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's night and day between the OEM trigger which came with my G43 and the Overwatch Falx, an even greater difference than in my G42.

The pull is shorter, smoother and lighter. I wouldn't call it a match-grade pull, but I don't get the impression that that's what the Falx is intended for.

This trigger gives me greater confidence with my G42, which has replaced my S&W 638 for pocket carry.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The serrated triggers were done to address import regulation.

Yes, for Austrian G43s. Considering that the G42 is US-made, there's no need for meeting any importation points system. That's why the gun was built here in the first place; the ATF scoring system is stacked against such a small 380. All it does is show that Glock had been planning for the G43 all along, and by using the serrated trigger on the 380 they could be really cheap...er, thrifty...in using parts across multiple models.

The US-made G43s (and other US-made compacts in the G19 and G23 lines) also don't have to have the serrated trigger, yet they continue to ship with them in place. Just Glock being Glock.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post