SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield .45 PC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield .45 PC Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
So this past weekend I decided I wanted an M&P shield in .45 - so on Sunday I went gun store hopping.
Much to my dismay it was Easter Sunday so several places were closed.
The best I found was the standard model over at Bass Pro - but I wanted the performance center one.
I knew of 1 store that would almost certainly have what I wanted... but they were closed.
So I gave up Frown

Today the girlfriend swung by that place after work and picked one up to surprise me.
So not only did I get the gun I wanted... I got it for free :P
Best gf ever? I think so..

Obligatory crappy cell phone pic:

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol...... GREAT girlfriend!

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
On one hand, great gift...but you are gonna have to step up for her soon...that might cost you a bit more!

Posts: 1349 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
On one hand, great gift...but you are gonna have to step up for her soon...that might cost you a bit more!

Haha yeah I know...
She's been trying to steal my Benelli M4 for a while...
Turns out they make a grey one too (she loves grey) - so that's where this may end up.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tarheelbball
posted Hide Post
I don't believe grey is the correct step up.

Posts: 514 | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have heard they have been some QC issues with the Shield in 45. I actually found one in my LGS with its front sight out of alignment. I pointed it to the owner and the smith squared it.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the $75 rebate.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three .45 Shields. Two are the standard with no safety and the third is the ported PC and night sights. I have been quite pleasantly surprised at how accurate these are with very manageable recoil in .45. After I installed the Apex aluminum trigger and spring/sear set and Ameriglo Hackathorn sight sets, the two standard models are even sweeter now!

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
So this past weekend I decided I wanted an M&P shield in .45 - so on Sunday I went gun store hopping.
Much to my dismay it was Easter Sunday so several places were closed.
The best I found was the standard model over at Bass Pro - but I wanted the performance center one.
I knew of 1 store that would almost certainly have what I wanted... but they were closed.
So I gave up Frown

Today the girlfriend swung by that place after work and picked one up to surprise me.
So not only did I get the gun I wanted... I got it for free :P
Best gf ever? I think so..

Obligatory crappy cell phone pic:

Triangle Shooting Academy?

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to make a "This thread is worthless without a range report" smiley.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
Triangle Shooting Academy?

Fuquay Gun

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Someone needs to make a "This thread is worthless without a range report" smiley.

haha it's on my to do list!
I should be able to make it out to the range some time this weekend and can report back more then Smile

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm a little intrigued by this gun. But I wonder if the M&P40c might not be a better package. Four more rounds, shorter grip, and just a tad wider.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Got to take it out today.
Friend and I drove about 45 minutes away to a friend of his's place. Lots of acreage - we just set up and started shooting.
Shield performed well - had zero issues it.

End of the day we packed up and went home.
After I got home I'm unpacking all the guns.. can't find the shield...

Search the range bag.... no
Search the jeep.... no
Text my friend... he doesn't have it

He called up his friend who then drove out to where we were shooting to look around.
Turns out I must have set it on my bumper and it fell off as I was driving away.
Was just by sheer chance that he spotted it sitting in the dirt about 1000 yards away from where we were actually shooting.

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I shot mine for the first time yesterday. The aggressive stippling makes it very easy to grip. I was also surprised at how well I could group it. About 1.5 inches at 7 yards but that's slow fire. Pretty good for me with a small gun. Speeding up it opened up but not enough to be a big deal in close encounters. I have huge mitts so if there was more to grip I think I can shoot it better. Makes me want to try the G30S. I needed something for hot days and quick trips. I hope they make the 9mm Shields like this. Trigger had a little slack then a crisp break. The trigger is fine but I would like it a bit lighter to keep the muzzle from moving better. I may do the Apex to it but $165 is a steep price for a trigger, sear and some springs. Sorry to jump in on the OP but I wanted to share how much I like it.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post