SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Seecamp .32?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Seecamp .32? Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Larry also provided his personal cell number to forum members so that he was available anytime to answer concerns. That's rare!

A lot of the members did quit the forum when Larry sold the company.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Larry also provided his personal cell number to forum members so that he was available anytime to answer concerns. That's rare!

A lot of the members did quit the forum when Larry sold the company.

So, I get it. But that's ancient history now. Larry's gone and isn't coming back. It's up to the new owners to keep his legacy alive. And from what I've read, they've done a pretty good job of it. No, they aren't invited to dinner and cupcakes, but as a business, they're still making the "Rolex" of subcompact guns.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
Put me down as a fan of the Seecamp as well.
I have ten of them, only one in the .25 caliber.
I gave the factory tech sessions and I believe in the pistols.
Larry also gave very high accolades to the new owners stating they can do things he only dreamed of.
Yes they are carrying his tradition of helping the customers, but they adhere to the one year warranty.
I’m in agreement that the .32 is the best choice, until you own and shoot it, then you can step up to the .380.

The recoil spring does not need replacing every 200 hundred rounds on the 32, but you do check the recoil spring on the .380 at 200 rounds, and you certainly don’t overheat the .380 with long range sessions.

Ammo is no longer an issue as it was some years back transitioning from WW Silvertips to what works now.
Winchester changed the process of the Silvertips that put Seecamp in a tizzy while he found out what ammunition worked.
Never ever was the pistol intended to shoot FMJ, yet there are people trying to, then condemn the pistol.
I’ve heard all the excuses why people won’t buy a Seecamp, my first thought is always the money.
So, if you can afford it, buy a LWS 32, new or used.
I just saw some great prices in early posts here.

Posts: 66 | Registered: May 05, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Thank you, AJF. The die is cast -- I'm getting one! A Seecamp LWS32. The only question remaining is from who. I'm giving my LGS first shot at getting one directly from Seecamp, but if they can't, I know I have other options available.

Happy New Year!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Thank you, AJF. The die is cast -- I'm getting one! A Seecamp LWS32. The only question remaining is from who. I'm giving my LGS first shot at getting one directly from Seecamp, but if they can't, I know I have other options available.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and congratulations on your decision.
Your local guy should have no issues getting a new one.
These days you can email your FFL license, speeds things up a bit.
You can do some homework on your own. Tomorrow give a call to the factory ask if he can go dealer direct or have them give you their distributor list.
Side note here, for an added fee you can get a custom serial number.

Best of luck, please let us know your outcome.
There no longer is a two or three year wait for these pistols.
I believe it make take five weeks for a custom serial number, but ask when you call.

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
If five weeks is an accurate wait time for a Seecamp with a custom serial number, by all means do it! I recall waiting ~ nine months for my Milford Seecamp with a custom serial number.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1497 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
Last year I ordered a custom serial number from Southwick and I believe it was five weeks.
A simple phone call will give us the answer

Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
I own a Seecamp 32. It has become my most common daily carry.

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AJF
posted Hide Post
That is a cool looking Seecamp.
I like that.

posted Hide Post
Objectively from a prior owner:
I owned one back before all the micro 380’s came out when it was considered the ultimate pocket pistol. Limited ammo choice was no biggie since I reloaded and could tailor loads to it for practice.
It is certainly a “get off me” gun no sights and fairly heavy for a pocket gun being all stainless.
In the current market I feel my Ruger LCP II is a superior choice. Very reliable usable sights ( quick fist size 7-10 yard groups are easy compared to the seecamp, and a 50 foot shot with careful aim on a 3x5 card is fairly easy.
Much lighter and half the cost.
My seecamp is long gone and my Ruger is my go to pocket gun.

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post