SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cajun Gun Works - Anyone used them/their products before?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cajun Gun Works - Anyone used them/their products before? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tuumunz:
as the guys have posted cajun,or cgw to cz guys,is the gray guns of the cz world.

angus hobdell is the main gunsmith,I have talked to them several times about cz guns.

They are top shelf guys,and back up there products and work

Are you sure about Angus Hobdell being the main gunsmith? Last I knew, he owned CZ Custom, in Mesa AZ..

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Just got in a few hous ago from SHOT Show.

After unloading all my catalogs, hats and other assorted swag....opened up my Fed-Ex box from Cajun Gun Works.

Can NOT wait to shoot it tomorrow! The trigger is superb. SA is 3 lb 8 oz, DA is 7 lb 6 oz. The trigger in SA is VERY crisp.

I think all the CGW hype may be valid!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hawgster:
quote:
as the guys have posted cajun,or cgw to cz guys,is the gray guns of the cz world.

angus hobdell is the main gunsmith,I have talked to them several times about cz guns.

Are you sure about Angus Hobdell being the main gunsmith? Last I knew, he owned CZ Custom, in Mesa AZ..

Angus is with CZ Custom in Arizona ... David is CGW in N. Louisiana ... FWIW

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Just shot my 75 about an hour ago. My God but does the CGW Carry Package trigger job, absolutely TRANFORM the gun into a true Match grade pistol.

The trigger makes it VERY EASY to shoot this gun quickly and accurately.

Can not wait to get this on paper tomorrow.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Did you need to get the hammer spring tool to do the swap? I need to place an order from CGW

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David and Scott are great people who did great work. The whole operation is a family affair, very nice to work with.
I have had three decockers get their Pro Package, night sights, and accurizing bushings. Single actions ended up around 3 3/4 pounds and double action between 7 1/4 - 7 3/4 pounds. With resets between 2.8 - 3.3 MM.
The wait was a few months, but the time flies, and they did it when they said they'd do it.
Not cheap, but the guns move into a different league.
I hear CZ Custom is also good, but can't imagine they could exceed CGW's expertise or match their personal touch.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
They do exceptional work. They fine tuned a CZ 75 for me.The trigger is exponentially better.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CGW is outstanding. Here is my 75B with a Pro Package and fiber optic sights.

Posts: 413 | Registered: July 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:

I though he was associated with CZ Custom Out of Arizona?

It’s been awhile since I’ve been in the CZ game however.

I have a sp-01 that I love and a PO-1 that I don’t love at all....Trigger is waaaay too light for my taste. Both came from CZ custom.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a PCR that got a trigger job from CZ Custom. They didn’t do a very good job. They reduced the mainspring to lighten the pull weight which was expected except they actually didn’t do it. Sent it out with wrong spring. No big deal, sent me the correct spring and it’s easy to change. What I can’t live with is the actual trigger job. The SA pull is light but creepy as all hell with a very non crisp break. In all honesty I have thought of buying the factory parts and returning to factory specs.

I wouldn’t use CZ Custom ever again.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I have a PCR that got a trigger job from CZ Custom. They didn’t do a very good job. They reduced the mainspring to lighten the pull weight which was expected except they actually didn’t do it. Sent it out with wrong spring. No big deal, sent me the correct spring and it’s easy to change. What I can’t live with is the actual trigger job. The SA pull is light but creepy as all hell with a very non crisp break. In all honesty I have thought of buying the factory parts and returning to factory specs.

Yes! This exactly. I have also considered the same thing...just put me back to stock. My PO-1 trigger is too light to enjoy and shoot safely IMO.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was crisp with little or no creep I wouldn't mind, but my factory 75's have a crisper let off from the factory. Waste of money and actually makes the gun less enjoyable.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Get the CGW hammer and short reset kit. That will be pretty inexpensive and address the main spots that could use improving.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

Yes! This exactly. I have also considered the same thing...just put me back to stock. My PO-1 trigger is too light to enjoy and shoot safely IMO.

Gee, glad I went with CGW vs Cajun Custom. My triggers are great.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
^^^ you mean, you're glad you went with CGW (Cajun Gun Works) rather than "CZ Custom".

I will have a full house done on my CZ 97 later this year.

CGW
Convert to single action and 1911 bushing installed

All the best!
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBonesNY:
^^^ you mean, you're glad you went with CGW (Cajun Gun Works) rather than "CZ Custom".

I will have a full house done on my CZ 97 later this year.

CGW
Convert to single action and 1911 bushing installed

All the best!
Billy

Hah on me! Oops, sure do!

Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
Grayguns is to Sig's = Cajun Gun Works to CZ's

In other words, they are your go to for CZ, no worries go for it.

I completely agree with Dusty on his statement. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post