SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cajun Gun Works - Anyone used them/their products before?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cajun Gun Works - Anyone used them/their products before? Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
I just bought myself a brand-new CZ P-09, one of the ones with a threaded barrel, in 9mm. I've got some Talon custom grip tape coming in the mail, which leaves on my punchlist 2 things before I can introduce it into my carry rotation (aside from the usual break-in and testing procedures): the holster and a set of night sights.

I see CZ apparently offers rear sights on their parts site, but not front sights; otherwise I'd prefer to go that route.

So, anybody have any experience with them, either good or bad?

Link to sights in question

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cajun Gun Works - Anyone used them/their products before?

They have a big following on here. They do great work.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I've only bought parts from them. They are a reputable company.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a P09 with a lot of CGW goodies.
So far I've installed their competition hammer spring kit, d/a roller bearing, and short reset kit. I also have the talon skate board tape and Dawson f/o sights. This thing shoots so good I'm probably going to have to get a P07 as well.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Good company to deal with.

I have a FDE P 09, the only mod I have done and wanted to do is intall Cajun Gun Works firing pin upgrade. I was sent the wrong replacement firing pin spring, the owner caught the mistake , notified me, and mailed me the correct spring.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CGW is gtg!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grayguns is to Sig's = Cajun Gun Works to CZ's

In other words, they are your go to for CZ, no worries go for it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Glad to hear I stumbled upon a reputable manufacturer. I'm one step closer to my goal of another carry gun.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
It's a lengthy process until You actually get the gun back. First send an e mail notifying You want some work done.....to put You on the list. In a few months they will contact You and you will send your gun. Few more weeks oor a month...Whoever is doing the work will call and go over what You want. Then in a few more weeks it's done.

A 75B I shipped maybe 6 weeks ago is done, shipped back to me TODAY. Arrives Thursday.

They are good folks. Very loyal following over on the CZ forums.

Friendly folks...meeting up with one of their Smiths tomorrow at SHOT.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I plan on purchasing the parts and having them shipped to me so that I or a local gunsmith can install them. Hopefully that will cut down on the wait times a little.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have a P07 that I ordered from them with what I believe is called their professional package. Great shooting pistol that is now the DA/SA gun I shoot the most. I also have a RAMI that I had a local gunsmith install their parts in. Incredible DA and SA trigger pulls. I don't think I've shot my Sigs since getting these pistols.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've ordered parts from them and had them mill a pre B Slide for a sight. Outstanding work and fast shipping on quality parts!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nobody does Cz’s better. You can be confident with CGW...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You won't go wrong using David Milam and family. They are great to work with! I have more CZs than I care to admit where they performed their magic.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their work can not be beat ... I'll also say the same thing for their integrity.

A cajunized PCR with Pro package is simply "awesome" ... for lack of a better word.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
as the guys have posted cajun,or cgw to cz guys,is the gray guns of the cz world.

angus hobdell is the main gunsmith,I have talked to them several times about cz guns.

They are top shelf guys,and back up there products and work

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two CGW guns, a cz sp-01 and a rami, both bought new from them in 9mm and both with their defensive carry packages installed. As noted above, very nice people to deal with and great gunsmithing for cz.

Posts: 59 | Registered: January 22, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I sent two CZs to them for custom work and couldn't be more pleased with the service and end results. Great people!

My "Cajunized" CZ75 Compact (Safety) and PCR (Decocking Lever):

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me add to the comments above, they have done several of my pistols with excellent results. One of the things is they drilled a hole in the front of my slides so that a full length recoil spring guide could be installed on my 75B. The spring was a bitch to install as it would kink and twist during the installation after cleaning. Now no problem.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have done 3 CZ's for me-a P07, a P09, and a pre-B 75. All were completed in promised time and I believe I got excellent value for the money.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post