New
Find
Notify
Tools

SA XDm 5.25" Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted
I just bought a bi-tone 9mm...it was on clearance and came in at $609 out the door. The two tones have been discontinued and I like them so it was a no brainier. My 4.5" XDm is my favorite pistol just due to how well I shoot it, it's my defensive house gun and occasional winter carry as well.

I figure this 5.25" pistol should be a fantastic range and practice gun. Same grip, same trigger, same magazines..just a longer barrel with excellent sights. I love the adjustable rear, it's low profile and gives a wonderful sight picture. Can't wait to shoot this thing.

Big Grin

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I imagine that will be quite nice. Congrats on a great find.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Nice, I have the 5.25 two time in .40. I put Dawson sights on it and changed it up slightly. Good gun.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
My 5.25 is crazy accurate. It's my idpa and uspsa gun. Put the springer precision (or was it powder river) trigger in it and talon grips and it's perfect.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
The Powder River Precision triggers are definitely on my radar. I now own 4 9mm handguns though so I need to order bullets more than anything. Red Face

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I did the Powder River “ultimate match” on my 4.5” XDm (bought it before the 5.25” came out) - highly recommended. Easy, minor fitting. Great results.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post