SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The New P226 RX Slide Assembly w Romeo 1 Pro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New P226 RX Slide Assembly w Romeo 1 Pro Login/Join 
posted
I have been looking for a way to add a red dot while still being able to use the iron sights. There isn't a great way to do this on the MK 25 without voiding the warranty (milling the slide). This new product looks great. I would like to request that Sig Sauer offer the 3 MOA version of the Romeo 1 Pro as the current version is only offered in 6 MOA.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You probably already noticed within Sig’s listing for that slide, but several people had inquired as to any future availability in the other version and Sig responded that no current plans exist (or something to that effect).

The non-pro version of that slide assy sold for $399 (MSRP) over a year ago. Too bad the pro version’s pricing is less of a slam dunk - ie when comparing to separate purchases of slide, optic and milling. Harder to justify the $599 price if one is likely to later replace the optic.

These RX slide assys seem to sell quickly. MGW also had some stock. You might need to decide rather quickly.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrAgent86:
I have been looking for a way to add a red dot while still being able to use the iron sights. There isn't a great way to do this on the MK 25 without voiding the warranty (milling the slide). This new product looks great. I would like to request that Sig Sauer offer the 3 MOA version of the Romeo 1 Pro as the current version is only offered in 6 MOA.

I have a Romeo1 Pro with a 3 MOA dot on my duty P320, the SKU is SOR1P100. I see on the Sig website that they are not currently in stock, but they do make them.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think he was looking for the already-mounted, co-witnessed slide assembly, which is currently offered only with one of the two MOA models.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback all. I am one of those crazy people that want to shoot steel targets at 50-75 yards with a pistol and a smaller MOA would be ideal. Hoping Sig will take notice of offering the slide with the 3 MOA version of the red dot. I suppose I could buy the slide as is and buy a 3 MOA version of the red dot and switch it out and sell the 6 MOA version, but that is extra work I'd like to avoid.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP have you found any place selling these besides factory direct ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
OP have you found any place selling these besides factory direct ?

Midwest Gun Works shows them in stock for the 226. Same $599 price though.