SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Mouse for Old!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mouse for Old! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
A friend recently gave me her ANIB Beretta Model 21 .25 ACP and not having any interest in carrying anything smaller than .380 ACP for defensive purposes, I brought it to a local gunshow thinking to either sell it or trade it for something else. I've had the first version of the Ruger LCP for some time now and found it to be a very capable little pistol for pocket carry (its functioned with virtually every type of .380 ammo I've tested).

At the show, I saw for the first time the "Moonshine Harvest Camo" version of an LCP2 and was quite impressed with its functional and cosmetic improvements over my older Ruger. The sights are pretty damn good, I like the new trigger, and the pistol fits just fine in the holsters I have for the other LCP. I traded in the Beretta for the new Ruger and am eagerly looking forward to trying it out at the range. As with the older version, I plan on carrying it loaded with the Lehigh Defense "Extreme Penetrator" 95 grain solids.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Did you realize that the Beretta was worth 2 LCP's actually?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Did you realize that the Beretta was worth 2 LCP's actually?

I saw what the "asking" prices were, but I had no interest in hanging on to this pistol and didn't want to quibble insofar as I'd received it for free. The Beretta (to me) was "worth" one LCP2 and I'm pleased with the deal.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I had the first version of the LCP and traded into a P238 HD. Just after that, a LCP II appeared at the LGS. If the first version was that good. I doubt I would have swapped. Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Remember the LCPII is single action. Be sure to get a good pocket holster!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A cocked hammer single action that acts a LOT like a typical striker trigger. Treat and carry it like you would a micro version of a Glock or HK VP9 and you'll be fine. It even has the trigger bar lockup lever like those other two.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice choice. I love mine and consider a dab of red paint the the front sight. Mine is carried in a Talon wallet holster on a regular basis.
As for disposing of guns that you will never use, I think you did great. I am a big fan of if it isn't practical, get something that is better suited to your needs.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I carried a 950BS beretta for years as a pocket gun (replaced with a Seecamp)

excellent pistols that are now sought after

never felt undergunned,

didn't Para have a thread about the small beretta's in the not too distant past??

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was planning on buying a LCPII and a Sig P320c, but after holding the LCPII I just didn't like they way it fit my hand, it was uncomfortable to me. Then I asked to see the little Glock 42, bigger than the LCP, but it just fit my hand and felt good. It was $149 more, but well worth it and it shoots great! Not quite as concealable maybe, but in my Sticky holster it practically disappears. The P320, that's a no brainer I love it

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Posts: 4 | Location: Packwood, WA | Registered: July 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post