SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handgun WML activation with small hands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handgun WML activation with small hands Login/Join 
posted
For those of us that can't palm a basketball, activating the momentary switch on a WML can create some challenges.

What are you finding works best? Support hand thumb? Contour switch on the grip (limited choices for models other than Glock/M&P)?? Other???

Thanks

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Support hand thumb is the traditional method for WML activation.

Works for hands of just about any size, provided you're using a proper modern grip style. (Sorry cup-and-saucer grippers... Wink)

If you need to activate the light one-handed, use your middle finger to reach up and switch it to constant-on, then reacquire your shooting grip.

The grip-mounted countour switches are problematic. They've been directly linked to negligent discharges and even unintentional shootings, due to sympathetic squeezing of the trigger finger while trying to activate the grip switch, and they are therefore banned by a number of law enforcement agencies. (Yes, I know... keep your finger off the trigger! But for semi-trained folks, that tends to go out the window during a stressful defensive situation.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use support hand index finger to switch to constant on while acquiring a grip. I tried support thumb to do momentary but it messes up my grip so I just turn it on and leave it on.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post