SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225-A1 Trigger not resetting... send it back?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225-A1 Trigger not resetting... send it back? Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a brand new P225-A1 about a month ago. Loved it until...

Last 2 range trips, the trigger reset has either been mushy or non-existent on frequent occasion. Sometimes the trigger won't reset unless I manually push it forward. I did some basic troubleshooting by removing right grip and inspecting spring as the internet insisted. If the right grip is off, the gun works perfectly. If the grip is on, the gun reset works... sometimes.

I've heard that sometimes this can be caused by a bad trigger bar spring or interference from the grips. Should I attempt to remedy this on my own or just send it back to Sig? How is their customer service? Will I be charged to ship it? If so, I suppose that wouldn't be the end of the world but I'd hope for spending the better part of $1k on a gun they'd take care of me and my <100rd gun

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posts: 32 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back to Sig. Service is excellent. Give them a call and they will e-mail you a pre-paid shipping label. I will guess about 14 day or less turnaround.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Back to Sig. Service is excellent. Give them a call and they will e-mail you a pre-paid shipping label. I will guess about 14 day or less turnaround.

I agree. I had a P226 TacOps with an out of spec trigger bar that acted like that.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Yep. Won't cost you a penny. They email label, you drop at FedEx hub, they fix, they return, you shoot, you smile. Very simple process.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the gun brand new. Everyth Have had it about a month.

I'll take the advice and call Sig today. I'll report back for anyone that's interested in the outcome.

Thanks!

Posts: 32 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sent guns back to SIG twice -- once for a warranty repair and once for "elective surgery." Both times, the process was quick and easy.

You do have to plan to be home when the package comes back, though.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send it back. Could be as easy as changing out the reset spring; I had a similar issue due to the DIY installation of the SRT on an early 2000s 220ST. But to be sure on the first try rather than guessing and hoping, send it back. My personal experience with Sig customer service has been great.

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rimler
posted Hide Post
Send it back. Let the experts review and repair if needed...

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum".
("If you wan't peace, prepare for war")
- Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Posts: 217 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send it back. An adult will have to be at your home to receive it when it's sent back.

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Send it back but curious, did you disassemble it?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Send it back but curious, did you disassemble it?

Nothing much further than a field strip and removing the grips. I did remove and reinstall the trigger bar spring once or twice with no charge in results.

I called Sig today and had a pleasant conversation with a CS rep. They emailed me a prepaid FedEx label and I sent it out today. So far so good with CS

Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
I would send it back. Call Customer Service and they will set you up and tell you how it all works. They did a great job for me the one time I had to use them years ago.
They do good work. Call them.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA
Friends of NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update: Got my P225-A1 back from Sig today. All repaired and back in shape. They replaced the trigger bar spring and tested. I put 3 mags through it to make sure.

All in all, excellent experience with Sig CS. Not that I hope to have to deal with them again, but if I do I know my pistol will be in good hands.

Thanks again to all for the advice! I'm glad to have her back!

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a happy ending!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice lookin gat

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post