SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Interesting range time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting range time Login/Join 
posted
Met a friend at the local indoor range to catch up with him and shoot a little. I brought my older P229 and he brought a CZ P07 Tactical.
I've had the P07 before and really liked it. Accurate, good feel to it and generally a nice pistol.
Started shooting and I love my 229. It's what I've been carrying for the past few months OWB and I can even pull off IWB with a light outer garment. She's a wider pistol slide wise and soaks up the 9mm recoil nicely.
I bought it off this forum from a member and he had it refinished at CCR in house black. The pistol looks really good and it wasn't long before my buddy wanted to shoot it. I said yes because it's been a while since I've handled a CZ.
This particular P07 has a threaded barrel, suppressor height sights and magazines with extra capacity because of the +2 add ons. He said it was the tactical model. He didn't have the plastic box with him so I'm taking his word on it.
Anyways, this pistol was outstanding. I found myself shooting it better than my 229. I kept moving the target back after I found POI and was finally at 50 feet. When I brought the target in, I was surprised that it was basically one big hole. A few shots were out of the 4" orange circle but not many.
"You like that pistol huh?"
Hell ya I do. I shot it better than my carry pistol. It felt better in my hand. The sights seemed better to me. It holds a few more rounds than the 229 magazines do. What's not to like?
I still love my 229 but am thinking of trying to find one of these. Problem is, I'll carry the CZ and the Sig will collect dust. I can see that right now. Also, I have cleared out a bunch of pistols that didn't get shot and really don't need to add to my collection. I have 3 pistols for carry right now including the 229. 1 is strictly for Summer time.
Pull the trigger or stay on my path?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only you can make that choice. Grip/grip angle can make or break a pistol to make it shoot better. I shoot better with one of mine than the others but each one has it's place. If you don't like the one you have and think you can do better, why not do it? I have bought and sold many pistols over the years,trying to find the perfect one. Life is too short. Get what you think will serve you better.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Whichever one you feel most comfortable with and shoot the best is the one you should go with. I know that's not much help but it is what I do.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This is the exact pistol I shot. I don't see anything about tactical, just suppressor ready.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It is a personal decisions you have to make. I have more than a few pistols that I shoot regularly and I don't have a particular pistol that I always shoot the best but I like all of them and can shoot them all well. Sometimes I shoot a pistol best that I have not shot it quite a while and IMO that may be because I am paying more attention to details with the one I have not shot in a while and I have read the same thing from others.

When I CCW a double stack pistol it is almost always my Gen 2 Glock 19. I have other pistols I can shoot a bit better than my Glock 19 but my Glock 19 is so perfect for me for CCW and I trust it 100 percent.

One thing I personally do not like about CZs is the narrow slide and I could not see myself carrying one because of it. If I had a problem I don't want to be dealing with a slide I have trouble grasping during a high stress situation compared to my other pistols.

IMO be careful about selling your P229 if you do make a change as you seem to really like it and that means you could be a prime candidate for sellers remorse.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:

IMO be careful about selling your P229 if you do make a change as you seem to really like it and that means you could be a prime candidate for sellers remorse.

The 229 won't be going anywhere, that's one that won't get sold. It made the cut after my safe cleaning sale. It's too nice of a pistol and after 1K rounds through it by me personally (no idea what round count was when I bought it), I've yet to have a malfunction. Feeds HST like a champ and everything else I've put through it.
The P07 just felt right in my hand and actually felt better that the 229. I'll probably just pass on it as I really don't need it.

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I've always liked my 229 and shoot it well. I thought a 229 SAO would be the perfect carry gun. I bought a CGW P07 and changed the decocker out for the safety and now have a 229 sized gun with a sweet DA trigger pull that can be carried cocked and locked. I haven't shot my 229 in years.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I have the same pistol/ color/ threaded barrel etc. For the money, you will LOVE this pistols!! Worth every cent! I would SOO do it again!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
I have the same pistol/ color/ threaded barrel etc. For the money, you will LOVE this pistols!! Worth every cent! I would SOO do it again!

That's not helping. Hahaha.

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Put a can on it and you will REALLY hate me! Big Grin

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Suppressor sights and a threaded barrel on the P-07 are the dead giveaway that it’s the “tactical” model...unless somebody just had them installed on a regular P-07

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine in anticipation of my Obsidian 45 getting approved since it comes threaded and with tall sights. So far love it, eats all my reloads without issues, can't wait to suppress it.

I believe that the "Urban Gray" line is how CZ is identifying their tactical models for the time being.

Posts: 239 | Location: The Great Salt Lake | Registered: November 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post