SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Honor Guard 9mm.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Honor Guard 9mm. Login/Join 
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlier26:

That's what I was thinking. Internals don't look much different from the P320. If you don't mind me asking, about how many rounds do you have thru yours?[/QUOTE]

I took mine to our Florida home, so it isn't being used as much now....but it had about 600 rounds when I took it there. I had one of the earliest ones, and Gary at Honor Defense showed me at the NRA convention that they had changed the striker block assembly's vendor, and the newer one has much smoother surfaces (and a different finish). He gave me one and the pull is smoother on it. I polished the striker itself, where it contacts the block, and it is a very nice trigger now.

Charlie[/QUOTE]

Just put the first 200 thru it. Had a couple of FTE's in the beginning and was shooting a little low,than straightened out. Far more controllable than the LC9S pro I traded in for, and not as fatiguing. Follow up shots quicker. Trigger is not as smooth as the P320, but for a defensive pistol, it's good. It does have a little creep past the wall if your looking for it, but in actual shooting,you don't notice it. All in all, I'm very pleased. It's a very solid and we'll thought out pistol.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the gun. I had one of the first guns to come out in this area and honestly, mine was a gem. I probably put 1000 rounds through it, not one failure. The trigger on mine was smooth as glass, I think mine was made in the beginning of the week. Now I then picked up a PPS M2, along with my G43 and they just fit me better so I sold the HG but I dont have much negative to say about it. It fit into Shield holsters for obvious reasons, it looks to be a copy, externally at least. I tell you though, my HG ran all sorts of ammo, steel too when my PPS M2 couldnt.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Just a update. 500 rounds of mostly 115gr practice and defensive ammo with 105 to 148gr. Like my P320's, seems 124gr shoots the best. The trigger seems to be smoothing out a bit more. I am going to replace the front sight with a HiViz for a green front instead of the orange. I had one on my LC9S and liked it (old eyes). It's as close to a single stack P320 as you'll find (until Sig comes out with there's... someday.... maybe).

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I've got to use one last year during a range session. Seemed functionally enough, a poor mans shield. Didn't like the large logo or the "more ribs" than a condom approach to the slide.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I've got to use one last year during a range session. Seemed functionally enough, a poor mans shield. Didn't like the large logo or the "more ribs" than a condom approach to the slide.

I'll take function over fashion any day of the week......IMHO.