SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinner grips than stock Legion's?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinner grips than stock Legion's? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The E2 grips require a special hammer strut, and is why the grip comes in a kit. The back strap may drag on the current hammer strut and cause light strikes. The Legion may have the E2 strut installed from the factory, but maybe not.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skvinson:
I've got a set of used E2's on the way (Thanks Factor8!). I've seen different opinions about how each feels. I'll let you know 'how my mileage varies.'

Also, I have a Gray's straight trigger on it. Not sure how that is impacting things...

No worries, let me know how they work out for you.

To the person questioning if you have the correct strut in the Legion. Yes you have an E2 comparable strut on you legion.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
quote:
Originally posted by skvinson:
I've got a set of used E2's on the way (Thanks Factor8!). I've seen different opinions about how each feels. I'll let you know 'how my mileage varies.'

Also, I have a Gray's straight trigger on it. Not sure how that is impacting things...

No worries, let me know how they work out for you.

To the person questioning if you have the correct strut in the Legion. Yes you have an E2 comparable strut on you legion.

Good deal, hope the E2s do the trick!!

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

Steve Vinson

Posts: 11 | Location: IN | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dibs on the Legion grips if you sell themSmile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dibs on the Legion grips if you sell them

I'm going to keep them, in case I ever sell it. Sorry Wink

Steve Vinson

Posts: 11 | Location: IN | Registered: December 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Each person is different, I get that. I listen to customers whine about how short their hands are all day at work. Then I show them mine, and WISH I could tell them to man up. Instead I say to them something like, "Strange. I never found it to be a particular problem for me." The difference in being an employee instead of being the owner (sigh)...

Despite my short fingers and hands I've never felt that the P229 even with stock plastic grips and standard trigger was too much in hand for a positive reach onto the trigger bow. Even with some thick wood grips and a standard trigger shoe I've not had any problems getting on a P229 trigger. Then again I've never thought that a Glock was a blocky thing to hold, either.

The E² grip will decrease the length of pull. I admit that it feels pretty good in hand, plus its texture provides a positive, grippy purchase without being too abrasive. However because of what I described above, it's not a necessary thing for me. Plus I don't like just how fugly it makes a P-SIG look. But if it's a needed thing for you, it and the short reach trigger shoe are the most popular mods to get the length of pull shortened.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two two variables are the grips and the trigger. I'll play around with both. Right now I have a straight trigger. That adds to the problem of reaching the trigger. So, I'll try a standard one.

I bought this Legion used, from a gunsmith, and had the straight trigger put on.

I do like the feel texture-wise of the G10s (and definitely the look). It may be the G10s and a standard trigger is the answer.

Steve Vinson