SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New GP100 - finish issues?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New GP100 - finish issues? Login/Join 
posted
I was super excited to pick up my new GP100 Wiley Clapp yesterday, but upon getting her home and cleaning off the decent amount of factory oil, I discovered this (and a few small other areas) that wouldn't come off. I tried CLP and a gentle brass brush.

My question to the folks on here - is there something else to try, or does this look like a finish issue that made it past QC?

Thanks for any replies.

Posts: 185 | Registered: July 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I am usually pretty easy of finish flaws because all guns get them eventually. That looks ugly, however, and unusual. It almost looks like writing. That may be worth a call to Ruger.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
What does it look like when oiled?

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
What does it look like when oiled?

Pretty much the same

Posts: 185 | Registered: July 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would call on that one .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Yup, send it back...

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that would really bother me as well. I would definitely send it back. I would hope the FFL would handle that for you.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post