SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally Replaced my P230...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally Replaced my P230... Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
After stupidly letting my P230 go last year in a trade deal for something totally different, and kicking my own tail ever since, I finally replaced it yesterday with another rather nice example with extra magazine. Ran some ammo through it to test it out, and not surprisingly it ran 100% despite being filthy inside. I did put a few drops of oil on the rails at the range, but will give it a good cleaning a proper lube now that I have her at home!

Here's two quick pics of it before cleaning but right after I got home from the range. The third pic is just for fun! Razz

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to get one of those. Not really sure why.

But I would. Can they be found for ~$500?

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
The one you see pictured was under $400.00 at my LGS. They have more...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much was the gun?

Big Grin

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:
How much was the gun?

Big Grin

$380.00... for a .380 Big Grin

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Oh, and just in case anyone wonders why the photo of the girl was included... I happen to think she is the best looking, sexiest thing to walk the planet, and she happens to be dressed in black.

Likewise, I believe the P230 to be about the best looking thing Sig ever made, finest curves... just the sexiest little thing. AND, it happens to be dressed in black!

So there you have the connection... in case you were wondering. If you weren't wondering, just stare into those gorgeous eyes like I do and don't worry about it! Wink

Picture of gfd37-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
Oh, and just in case anyone wonders why the photo of the girl was included... I happen to think she is the best looking, sexiest thing to walk the planet, and she happens to be dressed in black.

Likewise, I believe the P230 to be about the best looking thing Sig ever made, finest curves... just the sexiest little thing. AND, it happens to be dressed in black!

So there you have the connection... in case you were wondering. If you weren't wondering, just stare into those gorgeous eyes like I do and don't worry about it! Wink

She has eyes? sorry I see them now!

Posts: 1567 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
my LGS has two in the case. Been languishing a bit for $500/550 respectively.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
my LGS has two in the case. Been languishing a bit for $500/550 respectively.
Ouch! I can see why they're still there at that price. Better be mint condition...

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Nope. One's a two-tone though. Might be 232's...I should look more closely. I have two P230's already which is why I didn't both to inquire.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
email sent to your email in profile

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful pistol. My P230 was my favorite carry gun for almost two decades. Still have it, and a P232, just because. Love the guns, but carry something bigger now. They are truly classic. And, yeah, she has cute eyes.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stunningly beautiful. Gun's not half bad looking either.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good one sir! I picked up an older P230 in July. It looks great but I noticed some side-to-side play in the trigger - almost as if the trigger pin hole in the frame is enlarged. It doesn't look out of whack ... but the play bothers me. Hopefully yours is tight ...

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! I really, really want one of those. They are such good looking guns.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one and liked it. Held off looking for a new one since Sig doesn't support them any longer.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 162 | Location: Hendersonville, NC | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
Stunningly beautiful. Gun's not half bad looking either.

LOL... fully agreed on both counts!!! Wink

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
email sent to your email in profile

Response sent...

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
Looks like a good one sir! I picked up an older P230 in July. It looks great but I noticed some side-to-side play in the trigger - almost as if the trigger pin hole in the frame is enlarged. It doesn't look out of whack ... but the play bothers me. Hopefully yours is tight ...

No play anywhere in mine.... would not have gotten it if it did! I had several to choose from so picked the best of the lot, and fired it before leaving the store.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonFrost:
Congrats!! I really, really want one of those. They are such good looking guns.

Well, they're not getting any easier to find, or less expensive, so if you want one you might want to go ahead and get one soon!

I have other priorities that I really should have taken care of with the funds, but I knew how scarce and expensive nice P230s seemed to be getting, and combined with how much I love the P230, plus the LGS only had this one that looked really, really nice AND had the plastic grips that I preferred over the Hogue rubber grips, and... well, I chose the P230 before it disappeared!