SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Subcompact: Trijicon HD or HD XR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subcompact: Trijicon HD or HD XR Login/Join 
Picture of ACClauhs
posted
Picked up a new Glock 43. Been carrying Trijicon HD’s on my other carry pistol. Since the 43
(like other subcompacts) has such a short sight radius, would it be better throwing on the XR’s for a little more light on either side of the front blade? Haven’t tried the XR’s yet but figured somebody here must have tried this combo.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I personally like a narrower front sight so XR’s but I won’t be buying anymore HD’s. I like a 6-o’clock hold and with every HD sight gun I have shot you have to hold right over be target or even a bit high. If not you hit way low.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have XR’s on a p320c and g19. I won’t buy the fat boys anymore. I really like thin front sights. I’d definitely go thin with the short sight radius.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I have both, and prefer the XRs

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Another vote for XR

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
These are from my 229 and the "before" pic is with Siglites, but you should get about the same effect.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to the XR's and like them much better. They are an advantage when shooting from a distance. Also as our eyes age (prepioptia), the narrow front sight is easier to keep in the middle of the notch.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having shot both sets, I decided to install the XR's on my Gen5 G19. Much preferred IMHO.

Posts: 489 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Is the notch on the rear sight the same for HD or HD XR?

I'm wondering if I could just switch the front sight on my HD and make it a HD XR.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have xr’s on my Springfield xds and will probably add them to my p225A1. Quick acquisition and good sight picture .

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

I'm wondering if I could just switch the front sight on my HD and make it a HD XR.

Rear sights are all the same. Yes you can just swap the standard HD for an XR front and you'd be good to go.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Trijicon HD's on nearly all my handguns featuring HD's; only a couple have the XR.

The XR's are a bit more expensive, but are a grea choice, a bit more precise, thinner front sight.

My G43 has standard Trijicon HD's on it. an XR wouldn't be a bad choice either. For a pocket pistol, the G43 is fine with standard HD sights. You're probably not going to be shooting flies off dowels at 200 yards with that pistol, and your biggest concern is putting the rounds quickly in center mass. The HD is very visible and very hard to miss.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piedrarc:
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

Rear sights are all the same. Yes you can just swap the standard HD for an XR front and you'd be good to go.

Thanks piedrarc!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Ended up going with the regular HD’s. After looking at all the photos online and that you guys sent (thank you btw) plus the sale on Brownells, I figured the HD’s were the better buy over the XR’s. I think they’ll do for me and now my G43 matches my G19. [img]https://s14.postimg.org/3nns9z5pp/722_AD0_EE-7992-468_E-888_C-_EE707_A0_ED1_A7.jpg"> [/IMG]

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ACClauhs:
Ended up going with the regular HD’s. After looking at all the photos online and that you guys sent (thank you btw) plus the sale on Brownells, I figured the HD’s were the better buy over the XR’s. I think they’ll do for me and now my G43 matches my G19.

posted Hide Post
I wish you get had a nice low profile set like Novak’s.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post