SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tritium Fibre Optic (TFO) Front Sight P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tritium Fibre Optic (TFO) Front Sight P320 Login/Join 
posted
Is anyone using the Tritium Fibre Optic Front Sight on your P320?

Would like to know your opinions on this sight.

All replies will be appreciated.

Jimmers

Jimmers
Lakeway, Texas
"The first casualty of war is Truth" (Aeschylus)

Posts: 52 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Yes, I installed a few of these on P320’s before the taccops models were offered and loved them. My biggest thing was day brightness and being able to pick up the sight quicker. The Trijicons with orange outline offer the same advantage

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My P229 SCT came with the TFO front, I liked it, but it was extremely fragile.

The element fell out several times. I was able to find it and superglue it back in a few times, but eventually the Tritium vial leaked and it was then FO only. I later replaced it with a Trijicon HD.

From what I understand the newer TFO offerings are supposed to be more durable. I wouldn’t use the original on a carry gun.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had some on a Shield. I was forewarned to put a drop or two of crazy glue on the fiber optic element to prevent loss, which I did.

I felt that while the sights were bright, they were too big, too bright, and I didn't like the length of the front sight.

I'd much rather use the Trijicon HD, which I do.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
From what I understand the newer TFO TFX offerings are supposed to be more durable. I wouldn’t use the original on a carry gun.

Fixed it for you. Wink

I had regular TFO's on a .40 229 and had the rod pop on the front sight. They are the brightest sights I've ever used, regardless of the conditions. The new TFX models look like they are built much better, but I have no experience with those.

The TFO's have a sight picture similar to Siglites, which I have come to find a little too thick for my liking. I've since gone to HD XR's.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
From what I understand the newer TFO TFX offerings are supposed to be more durable. I wouldn’t use the original on a carry gun.

Fixed it for you. Wink

I had regular TFO's on a .40 229 and had the rod pop on the front sight. They are the brightest sights I've ever used, regardless of the conditions. The new TFX models look like they are built much better, but I have no experience with those.

The TFO's have a sight picture similar to Siglites, which I have come to find a little too thick for my liking. I've since gone to HD XR's.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post