SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket Carry 9mm
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Carry 9mm Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What are the forum's thoughts of carrying a Glock 43 but not chambered?

Didn't the Israelis prefect the concept of the draw-rack-aim style of shooting?

I love my G19 (which I carry chambered in an IWB holster occasionally) but I just can't get past the idea of carrying something with a short trigger pull like that chambered in my pocket, even in a good holster. I know it's a psychological thing.

Posts: 33773 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

What are the forum's thoughts of carrying a Glock 43 but not chambered?...

My G-43 is not a good fit my MY pockets. For that it's my CM9 or LCP within a DeSantis Nemesis.

With a round in the chamber.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
My P938 Blackwood in a pocket holster is what I carry exclusively. Beautiful two tone finish, accurate, flawless functioning, night sights and pretty much a mini 1911. What more could I ask for?

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bamaman
posted Hide Post
CM9 in a remora holster

Posts: 500 | Location: N.E. Alabama | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Carrying unchambered is foolish and dangerous.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 has been the best solution for me. It is in my pocket all day everyday. I honestly shoot the gun better than my P239 and nearly on par with my P226 and P220.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit to having been a little nervous at the thought of pocket carry for a Glock. After two years of carrying a G43 and occasionally a G42 in DeSantis Nemesis holsters, I’ve grown comfortable with them. Yes, I do carry each with a round in the chamber. I can’t see any good reason not to. If the holster properly covers the trigger, there should be no problem.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
If th fear of a chanbered semi auto in a pocket holster gives you goose pimples, a j frame is the way to go. The cylinder is a little thicker but the round shape is more organic and conceals better even than a small pocket 9.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
My standard response when anyone brings up the concept of empty chamber carry of an autoloader is this:

Find a gun with whatever combination of safety features you need to make you comfortable carrying with a round chambered. Need a super stiff trigger? Fine. Need a manual safety? No problem. But figure out what you need to feel comfortable carrying with a round in the pipe.

quote:

I love my G19 (which I carry chambered in an IWB holster occasionally) but I just can't get past the idea of carrying something with a short trigger pull like that chambered in my pocket, even in a good holster. I know it's a psychological thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CM9

Posts: 117 | Location: Schererville, IN | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The Ruger LC 9 Mark II is a very nice DAO. Friend has one and I have shot it. Has good sights for a pocket gun, too.

I have a 938 and C&L doesn't bother me at all. Trigger pull on these pocket guns is much stiffer than a 1911.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel better I've carried a Kahr K9, Diamond back DB9 and Shield 40 for years in my pocket with a desantis nemesis. Never an issue and always chambered, alot of that was on duty time with all the stuff that comes with it, fence jumping, fights, donut juice, the list goes on.

I recommend any of the above and raise you an HK P7.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a good answer.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
My standard response when anyone brings up the concept of empty chamber carry of an autoloader is this:

Find a gun with whatever combination of safety features you need to make you comfortable carrying with a round chambered. Need a super stiff trigger? Fine. Need a manual safety? No problem. But figure out what you need to feel comfortable carrying with a round in the pipe.

quote:

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glock 43, sí, empty chamber, no. The half a second extra time might be what makes the difference, it takes both hands (you might not have both free), and jacking the slide could be fumbled under stress.

Most 9mm pistols (including the G43), are, IMO, too long for pockets, unless the pocket is very deep. It isn't enough that the gun fits in your pocket, you also need to get a firing grip on the first try, or, in some situations, already have your hand on the gun in said firing grip. The Kahr PM/CM9 is a lot better fit. I carried a PM like this for a time.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

With your hands at your side, have a friend come at you from 10 feet.

Then you'll know.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I carry my S&W Chiefs Special CS9 in a DeSantis pocket holster on the rare times I pocket carry it. Mostly at Church or social gatherings with non gun folks (the wifes people).

With the flat mag base installed the CS9 disappears inside a pocket. When wearing the Big Dog Delrin grips. It is a little thick, but still doable with the factory OEM Hogue grip.

If I didnt have the CS9, which is the only 9mm I currently use or carry, I would have either a Walther PPS - which can be pocket carried with the flush fit 6-round mag, or the new Ruger EC9.

That EC9 is a cheap and cheerful 9mm for less than $300 bucks. It has a better trigger than the earlier more expensive versions and will easily drop in a pocket.

Good luck with your decision! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DonGlock26
posted Hide Post
I though my G43 would replace my PM9 but that has not been the case.
The G43 is heavier and larger.

The PM9 simply works better as pocket pistol for me.
I find it to be more accurate than my 442 or LCP.

-----------------------------------
"If they don't go concentrating on meaningless cosmetic changes, like rainbow this or two-tone that, or wood grip panels from the ackabalacka tree"-Parabellum

Posts: 1197 | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
quote:

Israeli Carry can get a trained person nearly killed:- http://preparedgunowners.com/2...er-stabbed-to-death/
How do you think an everyday person would manage?

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveR2012:
quote:

Israeli Carry can get a trained person nearly killed:- http://preparedgunowners.com/2...er-stabbed-to-death/
How do you think an everyday person would manage?
Agreed. A firearm with an empty chamber is a poor club.

Get a good pocket holster, I like the Vedder pocket locker for semis.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a PM9 but it was sometimes problematic on feeding. For me, and this is just my own take, but the draw from a pocket would sometimes get hung up due to the angular shape. While not a 9, I ended up switching to an M&P 340. I really like that Trijicon front sight, and I actually shoot the gun surprisingly well.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post