SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Handled a P365 Today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handled a P365 Today Login/Join 
posted
I recently came out of retirement to accept a part time position on my favorite LGS. I'm surrounded by guns and friends, what could be better?

A regular came in today and had a P365. He generously offered to let us handle. I've never even seen one in person. When I gripped it I noticed the frame was awesomely textured. I asked him about it and he said that he had "gotten lucky" and GrayGuns had done it for him in the first run of 150 frames? I may have details wrong.

The piece was VERY impressive. It felt much like the Wilson ADP I sold a couple of years back (no spare parts available, buddy needed a weapon.) I will have to consider this one in the future-of course, I won't see one locally for a couple of years probably, but I might get lucky.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I did a transfer for someone yesterday that was a P365. I think he had picked it up on Gunbroker. First time I had handled one as well, I was impressed also. Hopefully the bugs some are having get worked out. I wouldn’t mind having one.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Located one at Cabela's for 565, seems a bit steep. I will likely wait a while.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I just bought one at Sportsman's Warehouse for $499 plus tax & background check totaling some $552.00. They are getting regular shipments and price competitively.

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I picked one up at Gander Outdoors for $499 plus tax.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I picked my second one up at sportsman warehouse, they get deliveries every Wednesday here in Oregon. 499.00 just got to check their website and call and put a hold on it until you can get there. they said their phone rings off the hook when they get them in. build date 8-15 so about 3 weeks from manufacture to consumer. seems like a long time but maybe they sit and wait until x amount are produced to fill the shipment.

just love these awesome pistols, first time I have bought a duplicate of anything.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
That's what pushed me over the edge to buy my 365, ( 27 April 2018 ) was handling one, with a twelve round magazine in it. I'd test fired a friend's the weekend prior and liked it.

Five months and 800 rounds later, it's still running great and is my EDC.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The design is clearly a winner. If they can just sort out the execution.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I too, finally got to handle a P365. I went into one of my local gun shops and asked. They didn't have a floor model, but they had a special order they let me fondle.

Me likey!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 365 with a born on date of 30 June just hit 500 rounds today. So far so good.

Posts: 216 | Registered: January 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love mine. I have and early production model with a 3 digit s/n. It did have some return to battery issues, was sent back to Sig and has over 1750+rds through it since then with zero failures. My carry load is the Hornady 115gr XTP. I might spring for one of the Gray Guns grip modules the next time they have them available.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
SRA let me shoot his new P365 last week. It shot really well. It did fail to lock back at the last shot but that was me as SRA did not have that problem. I”m still somewhat skeptical that they have the bugs worked out but when they do, I’ll be buying one.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post