SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The wait for my 226 Legion RX is killing me...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The wait for my 226 Legion RX is killing me... Login/Join 
posted
Or I'm dying to get my hands on it. Over 4 months ago I ordered the P226 Legion RX from my LGS. It was April 29 to be exact and I was told by the salesman it would take a week to 10 days. He had a plain black 226 RX which in hindsight I should've bought and walked out with it. Well my question is has anyone else had a similar experience or have any idea about Sig's production schedule? I found out from my customer service rep that they were concentrating on the 320 and 365 models which were in the highest demand back in May but he didn't know when they would start building the 226s again.
When/if it comes in and I slide my SureFire XC2 on the rail I believe I will have the perfect nightstand pistol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gray man,

Buy American-MAGA

Posts: 26 | Registered: September 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your soon-to-be acquisition. Post a pic when it arrives.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SF, Post some pictures when you get it,

Would have thought you'd had it by now, 4 months is quite the wait, but in the current unpleasantness, supply doesn't equal demand.

My LGS has more of the higher priced firearms in stock, the GLocks, Smiths, etc are the higher demand.

Posts: 23383 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Welcome, just to taunt warn you they can become addictive...

P229 SAO is now sporting an RX slide...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Welcome to the forum ,please consider putting a subject in the title of your thread.

So no one has to guess what's inside.

The title you have is considered click bait and is frowned upon by the moderators.

Enjoy

Understood, thanks.

Buy American-MAGA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet when I do I'd love to show off my other Legions.

Buy American-MAGA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Welcome to SF, Post some pictures when you get it,

Would have thought you'd had it by now, 4 months is quite the wait, but in the current unpleasantness, supply doesn't equal demand.

My LGS has more of the higher priced firearms in stock, the GLocks, Smiths, etc are the higher demand.

That's ironic. Just before this pandemic hit I sold my Glock's and M&Ps, even a Kimber to acquire my Sig's.
I was told by a CS rep that they were backlogged and concentrating on P320s and P365s then sometime in June they would start up with the 229's and 226s. I imagine the legion series is on the back burner or at the bottom of the list. Well I've waited this long what's another couple of months.

Buy American-MAGA

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum Grey Man, great choice.

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Welcome, just to taunt warn you they can become addictive...

P229 SAO is now sporting an RX slide...

You're killing me Boss.

Buy American-MAGA

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gray man:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet when I do I'd love to show off my other Legions.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6470098434

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Check holster availability before deciding on the light. Otherwise, I’m sure you’ll love the pistol. Congrats. Waiting DOES suck.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Check holster availability before deciding on the light. Otherwise, I’m sure you’ll love the pistol. Congrats. Waiting DOES suck.

Thanks but this 226 RX is going to be my nightstand/home protection Gun. When I get it I'll put the XC2 currently on the 229 onto the 226 RX.
My 229 Legion will then become my winter EDC.
We have long winters up here in Montana almost 9 months to be exact with a deep freeze in February. Summertime is just three months of visitors and guests.
But you never know I might just decide to carry that RX sometime. Do you think that red dot will work at 30 below zero?

Buy American-MAGA

God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Welcome,for your future posting of video's and possibly doing "Karma's". There is the Karmanator web site to help. Produced by one of our talented members "CHANCE". Enjoy your stay in Para's house. He specifically, and the membership in general are an anomaly on the internet.
http://www.karmanator.com/

Posts: 4409 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Welcome to the forum ,please consider putting a subject in the title of your thread.

The title you have is considered click bait and is frowned upon by the moderators.

Enjoy

Understood, thanks.

You can edit the title, click on the edit button (lower right corner) looks like a folder with an eraser over it.

Your post will open up, go to the title field and change to “Wait for my P226 RX is killing me” (or similar). Then save/post whatever the button says. Viola, updated and in compliance.

And just to make you drool some more, here is a pic of my “Night stand” P226R Tacops RX...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
quote:

Enjoy

Understood, thanks.

You can edit the title, click on the edit button (lower right corner) looks like a folder with an eraser over it.

Your post will open up, go to the title field and change to “Wait for my P226 RX is killing me” (or similar). Then save/post whatever the button says. Viola, updated and in compliance.

And just to make you drool some more, here is a pic of my “Night stand” P226R Tacops RX...

Edit completed. And you won't believe this but I got a call an hour ago from my LGS and picked up my Legion RX.
Cleaned and oiled and ready for the range tomorrow to zero.

Buy American-MAGA

posted Hide Post
Good news!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Good news!!

Right? Made my day.
911Boss was killing me with pics of his collection.

Buy American-MAGA

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Let us know how much you love it. Wink

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
I truly enjoy every SIG I own (or maybe they own me?)... but I have to admit my 226 Legion RX is my favorite...

2nd place 226 Legion...

Followed closely by my FrankenLegion...

Get that bad boy out there and enjoy!!!

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have the 226RX SAO Legion and went through a RedDot instructor course with it about 6 months ago. The gun and the red dot have performed flawlessly for about 1500 rounds so far, you are going to love that setup once you are zeroed and acclimate to it. I have 3 SAO Legions, my only problem is deciding which one I like to carry best.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post