SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G42/43 questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G42/43 questions Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
A handful of questions about these two Glock pocket pistols (have shot both, FYI).

Do aftermarket triggers for any other Glock model fit these two?

Do aftermarket mag releases for other Glock models fit these two?

Do aftermarket sights for a 43 fit a 42 or vice versa?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No, no and yes.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vickers Tactical makes a mag release that replaces the factory one, and it is a much better design to me. Wilson Tactical carries them and just takes a few minutes to install. There are a number of diffdrant sights available, and again, I went with the Vickers sights because I prefer the gold bead front sight.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:
Vickers Tactical makes a mag release that replaces the factory one, and it is a much better design to me. Wilson Tactical carries them and just takes a few minutes to install. There are a number of different sights available, and again, I went with the Vickers sights because I prefer the gold bead front sight.

c4

Vickers mag release and mag plate on a 42.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
As to triggers, if you are talking about the shoe only, then there are some that interchange with full/compact sized pistols and the subcompacts.. well at least the 43. Overwatch and Apex to mention a few. Of course the trigger bars between the larger guns and subcompacts are different so you can see why these do not interchange.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I've got both the 42 and 43. The 42 is still bone-stock as my wife carries it.

Overwatch is my favorite trigger on all of my Glocks. As NavyGuy mentioned, the shoes are all the same so as long as you use the appropriate trigger bar, it will work fine. One thing to think about--some people complain about the flat face trigger on the 43 because it shortens the pull noticeably so that it feels too short for people with bigger hands.

Here's my 43 that I carry when I'm not carrying my 26 or 19:

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm really on the fence about which one to get, and am not particularly into getting both.

I was shocked that the 42 had no recoil and was accurate as hell. Only shot 50 rounds, though, so I'd really like to make the decision based on more rounds.

The 43 is good, but if I were deciding on that, part of me might just go with a Shield. I think the Shield handles better, but the 43 has a better stock trigger; plus, we already have a Shield in the house, so no need for another set of proprietary mags. The G43 is more concealable than the Shield, though.

Plus there's the resistance to adding .380 to the stable of calibers. Nearly all my handguns are 9s, so a new caliber doesn't delight me so much. However, prices for .380 I'm seeing online are not bad, compared to the past; AIM's got it for less than $12/box, which is reasonable.

Lack of holster compatibility between the 42 and 43 kills me.

Torn here, Forum...help me decide. Want a deeper concealment gun than the 26. Leaning to the 42, and if I really want a 43, just picking up another Shield.

Advice?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with the 42 but I love my 43 Talo. I added a Ghost Edge 3lb connector and Pearce +1 mag plates. Fantastic gun and goes nicely with my 19. By the way, I carry both AIWB in Vetter Light Tuck holsters.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had reliability issues with my Glock 42. It was an early model and went back twice to Glock. Seems ok now but dont really trust it so dont carry it. I would go with the 43.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post

I am not sure about interchangeability between models other than most accessories seem to be for the G42/43 only and then the larger models take different sized parts.

I put a Hyve purple aluminum mag release for a more positive actuation and a pop of color. Also put in an Ameriglo Cap front night sight on, added a newer 3.5# connector, a TTI +1 mag base, and a talon rubber grip. I like it where it's at quite well though who knows for the future. Would love to NP3 the slide and maybe get a new trigger.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post