SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought another project gun...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought another project gun... Login/Join 
posted
...a 1968 Polish P-64 9X18 Makarov. Price was too hard to refuse. $189+tax for gun, cleaning rod, box and two magazines. LGS had a huge mark down three day sale.

I owned a P-64 several years ago, a 1973 version with updated hammer, that I took traveling with me on the GW. The P-64 is a little hand canon, I know, so I have a nice project to work on.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Love my P64 except when I got it the DA pull was about 80 pounds or atleast it felt that way. I suggest you visit upon this, Wolff P64 spring kits

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Where did you get it? Some kind of surplus?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has a date code of 1969.
I have been known to throw it in a belt slide holster when I want something for a quick trip to the store (after I did the recoil and hammer spring).
I even reload for it.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
http://p64resource.com

You may find some useful info at the above forum.

Not as active as Sig Forum, but worth a visit.

As much as I like the 9x18 Makarov caliber, the P64 is one pistol I've just never gotten around to buying.

To anyone in SF reading this owning a P64, there is a forum vendor at that website that makes fantastic grips for the P64, "Polish Iron" grips.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
http://p64resource.com

You may find some useful info at the above forum.

From the P64resource...."Double-action trigger pull is heavy: 110-120 N (25-27 lb)."

Holy Mother! Eek

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Where did you get it? Some kind of surplus?

Century Arms, but may not be in stock. Local gun store had several at reduced sale price.. Second Amendment Sports, Pima street, Tucson.

Another local source (Arizona) is....

http://www.jgsales.com/polish-...,-used.-p-80312.html

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There's still ten tons of the little buggers on one of the online auction sites as well.

GW, I'll be interested to see what you come up with. All I know is that I decided my hands are too big for it and it kicks too much to be much fun for me to shoot.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Being Polish, \I found myself wanting a handgun from the Mother country.

Several years ago, I bought a well used, surplus P64. I sent it to CCR and purchased some beautiful wood grips.

It is beautiful, although it still has the heaviest trigger pull of any handgun I have ever owned.

My P64 turned out beautiful. That said, I have more money in this than I could ever hope to recover. I do not care, it is what I wanted.............and it looks good. I still have not migrated from PB, so I cannot post pics.

Please post before and after pics of your project.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Congratulations. Being Polish, \I found myself wanting a handgun from the Mother country.

Several years ago, I bought a well used, surplus P64. I sent it to CCR and purchased some beautiful wood grips.

It is beautiful, although it still has the heaviest trigger pull of any handgun I have ever owned.

My P64 turned out beautiful. That said, I have more money in this than I could ever hope to recover. I do not care, it is what I wanted.............and it looks good. I still have not migrated from PB, so I cannot post pics.

Please post before and after pics of your project.

Hear, Hear, Polish guns rock!

Like you, I have sunk a lot of money in this P83 ( sorry, no P64), Bought it for $220 at Ga der Mountain, sent it to Ameriguns , they installe a tritium front sight matching the height of the factory rear, $169, i ordered a spare hammer and bobbed it $35, 2 extra sets of grips $39 & $69, an extra mag $40, and holster from Kiro $55, and refinished it with Norrells Moly Resin (me $0).

Mine came with a geen anodized tigger ( triggeris aluminum) and replicated that green trigger.

Love this pistol.

If I purchased a P64, would probably do the same thing as you.

I call my P83, my "Polish Sig".

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post