SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pair of P225's
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pair of P225's Login/Join 
posted
I picked up a pair of Sig P225's a few days ago from the LGS; $950 for the pair. Both are in excellent shape. Both have the factory boxes.

One is marked "German Police Pistol" and has triple serial numbers; the other has factory Novak sights (and the box is marked as such), and is German proofed but only serialized on the frame.

Can anyone enlighten me on the Novak version? I've never seen this configuration (at least not with a factory box marked as such).

Beuford

Posts: 168 | Registered: January 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great score.
You may want to send them to the factory for a "spa" treatment of new springs and night sights.
SIG usually runs a sale on this in June, at a 33% savings.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I opened this thread thinking there'd be pictures of (2) 225's.

Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score! Pics or it didn't happen.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beuford:
I picked up a pair of Sig P225's a few days ago from the LGS; $950 for the pair. Both are in excellent shape. Both have the factory boxes.

One is marked "German Police Pistol" and has triple serial numbers; the other has factory Novak sights (and the box is marked as such), and is German proofed but only serialized on the frame.

Can anyone enlighten me on the Novak version? I've never seen this configuration (at least not with a factory box marked as such).

Beuford

Great scores!

The GPP P225 is from 2010, the last of the real P225. The exact number is not known, but estimated to be 200 - 400.

The other one is the March 2004 GOTM. Part Number 225-9-RB. Comes with Novak rear sight, and a range bag (RB). Production number 290.
http://www.guidosst.com/GOTMs.html

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Novak 225, sounds like you have a 2004 Gun of the Month. P/N: 225-9-RB of which 290 were made according to the GOTM page. Q's got it covered.

Nice score on the pair. I've seen some 225 Polizei's sell close to what you paid for the two.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda what I was thinking. That's a steal.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a GOTM 225 with the Novak.
And brace yourselves:
I found it in the Dundee MI Cabelas Gun Room.
And it was..... $375.
I drew my credit card like a samurai sword and hollered CHARGE!
Only snag: The previous owner kept the factory mags and left me a Promag. The bastard!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And brace yourselves:
And it was..... $375.
I drew my credit card like a samurai sword and hollered CHARGE! BANZAI!

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And brace yourselves:
And it was..... $375.
I drew my credit card like a samurai sword and hollered CHARGE!
Only snag: The previous owner kept the factory mags and left me a Promag. The bastard!

That's bizzaro, the only thing I've ever found in that gun room is overpriced warez, with the exception of a never fired hk p7 that was at market price.

Every time I visit I have high hopes but everything always seems to be at least 200 bucks overpriced.

Nice score!

If you haven't checked out Williams Gunsight in davidson, it's worth your time to have a look.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PICS!! (Sorry for the delay):

Beuford

Posts: 168 | Registered: January 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Now, that's the definition of robbery! Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hesitate to admit this, but if any group of people can understand, its SF:
I rented a car (no wear and on my own ride) and drove from the Yoop to Williams Gun Sight in Davison to get a killer deal on a 227 SAS G2. 700 bucks. After I bought the gun, I had to flee the place, to keep my credit card debt from tripling. Their Sig display was wonderful. I then drove back the same day.
And I would do it again!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^ Now, that's the definition of robbery! Big Grin

Yup,....for sure. Wink

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post