SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A minute to ponder the classic P225.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A minute to ponder the classic P225. Login/Join 
posted
Hello to all.
Just got back from the range with my ‘95 Sig P225. The classic... the ‘ole boar....

Man, I forgot how much I love that gun. Smooth trigger even in DA. I forgot how damn accurate and easy recoiling the old boy is. It will put one on top of the other without much effort. Even with my wide hands and the mag floorplate “lip” in the middle of my pinkie it still shoots comfortably and pain free. Still waiting and praying for bdavis to make another run of his famous floorplates.

I have lately been shooting a lot of striker fire pistols ie.... VP9. A fine gun but, I still keep going back to the DA/SA.

Thought that I would share and all have a good weekend.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Always nice shaking hands with an old friend. Love my German P225 and I’m fortunate enough to own a couple bdavis baseplates. My brother-in-law shot my 225 this past weekend and wants to order a few himself. Got to love the true classics!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I like the A-1 in a lot of ways, and I still gripe about how small the trigger guard of the 225 seems to be for me, but there'll always be a P6 in the house. The one thing I wish is that reasonably affordable 220s in 9mm were still available - everything the OP likes about the 225 is everything I like about the old 9mm 220EUs as well.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my olde P225.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a 225A1 for a cpl of months now, my round count is just over 600 and without a single bobble to date.

It took me quite a while to adjust to the fat grip feel of my M11A1 (being a 50+ year 1911 shooter) but I persisted and mastered the beast. Shot Distinguished at Front Sight's 4-day Defensive Handgun Course this spring with it, in fact.

But the new to me P225 gets me half way back to the feel of a 1911, and I like that. Cooper once said the 1911 had a built in "index of deflection" due to the grip's shape, and I'd agree. My lateral dispersion is far better with a gun/grip that I can get at speed.

And this P225 does as well, at least in my hands. Of course, I'd like another round or two, but not at the cost of grip size, nor length and I've long decided that 8+1 should be enough for my life style.

It's a great gun, one that I really like and carry on a daily basis and I got it, friends, virtually new with 5 mags and a superb trigger for <$700 OTD.

Best regards, Rod BTW, try some of American Eagle's 124 gr FMJ's for one ragged hole accuracy from the 10 yard line...Weaver Stance too! Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Even with my wide hands and the mag floorplate “lip” in the middle of my pinkie it still shoots comfortably and pain free. Still waiting and praying for bdavis to make another run of his famous floorplates.

YES PLEASE!!

Why didn't I get them when they were available? --> Stoopid is why.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the bdavis
floorplate?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
What is the bdavis
floorplate?
I looked for an image but can't find one, perhaps someone will post one here... It's a replacement floor-plate/baseplate for P225/P6 magazines made by a member here (bdavis) that doesn't extend past the front of the grip. People with medium+ larger hands have issues with their pinky landing in the center of the baseplate "tongue".

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Always nice shaking hands with an old friend. Love my German P225 and I’m fortunate enough to own a couple bdavis baseplates. My brother-in-law shot my 225 this past weekend and wants to order a few himself. Got to love the true classics!

I agree- including on the bdavis baseplates.

Did you know- the bdavis baseplate also works on the Walther P38/P1 magazine?

True! I have some on both the P225 and P38.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 classic P225s:
A German commercial.
A GOTM.
And my favorite, a "Swiss Montage" Euro mag release model.
To me, the P225 is the best of the Sigs.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
What is the bdavis
floorplate?
I looked for an image but can't find one, perhaps someone will post one here... It's a replacement floor-plate/baseplate for P225/P6 magazines made by a member here (bdavis) that doesn't extend past the front of the grip. People with medium+ larger hands have issues with their pinky landing in the center of the baseplate "tongue".

They were purchased from this website, in the for sale section. I got mine a couple years ago.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was actually smart enough to purchase two(2) of the really nice condition P6s when they were readily available, and very reasonably priced. I don't usually make such smart decisions......but sometimes, even a blind hog can find an acorn!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 225 is my most comfortable Sig. Mine was born 08/13/2004. Would like to pick up another, but not sure I want to spend the high dollars for one in excellent condition.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 367 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I saw this lonely p225 under glass a while back. The bronze cerekote is not bad and has a few scratches but I couldn't resist after a second visit. It's a fun pistol to disassemble/assemble (the hammer reset spring had not be installed correctly). Mine in from the 2009 that preceeded the "German Police Pistol" branded batch.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bczrx:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
What is the bdavis
floorplate?

They were purchased from this website, in the for sale section. I got mine a couple years ago.

Does he still have a website. We emailed each other probably closing in on a year now. He is a busy man but, was hoping to make up a batch. I had two on a P6 I sold. Should have replaced with the OEM base before selling.... what a maroon.....

Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I think it is these.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Uhhg. lousy pics.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's try again:

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbmcmjr:
Let's try again:

There you go. A finely made piece of equipment.