SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    226 scandic,blue moon value
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 scandic,blue moon value Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
guys,
i dont know if this the place to ask,so mods,delete this if i am off.

i have a line on 2 new in box from germany custom shop guns.the scandic and the blue moon models.all items,with shipping box's.

I did a search on a lot of gun auctions and could not find any recent sales.what have these guns been valued at in the last year or so.appreciate any and all advice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Scandic's have gone from $2300-3300. Blue Moon's from 2800+. That said, prices will climb going forward.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
forgot to put these are x 5 models

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK but there are no other models with those names so we know they are x-5's. In any case PGT has it in the ballpark. I don't normally like these and have a ton of regular X-5's but did get a BM as I think its the only one of these that looks palatable. $2500 but a bit ago. FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
It's a thin market, so a lot of pricing variance. 9mm or .40?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you hr
9mm

The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
OK but there are no other models with those names so we know they are x-5's. In any case PGT has it in the ballpark. I don't normally like these and have a ton of regular X-5's but did get a BM as I think its the only one of these that looks palatable. $2500 but a bit ago. FWIW>
No, The Scandic and Blue Moon have also been offered as X-6s

I have a Scandic Blue and a Black and White.

I wish I had a Blue Moon to go with them, that is probably my favorite color scheme so far. The Blue Moon was not yet offered when I acquired these two fine pistols.

In today's market, either firearm in the sub-$3500 region is probably a good deal

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So good lookin". I figured I'd never want to shoot one though, fearing I'd mess it up or wear the gold plating off.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
colt saa,
thanks again sir.over 15 years here or the sw forum or colt forum,you have saved my post by puttingup the right pictures.i knew there was a 6 inch,but had no pictures.

Thanks colt saa,my prayers and hopes are for a safe ,happy,blessed holiday for you and all your family and loved ones.

happy trails friend

posted Hide Post
the scandic i have the opportunity to buy is a stainless steel and gold trim

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
So good lookin". I figured I'd never want to shoot one though, fearing I'd mess it up or wear the gold plating off.

I suspect that the "gold" is actually titanium nitride, which is very hard and durable.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love that Black and White version. Post some pics when/if you get one.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice, but too much BLINGAGE for me......

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I love that Black and White version. Post some pics when/if you get one.

I grabbed this shot when one of my associates was trying out the Black and White a while back

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post