SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Oddball SP2009
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oddball SP2009 Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Ok, decocker plus slide mounted safety
Supposedly an overseas contract gun that wasn’t delivered according to google
Any idea how many were made?

Oh yeah, came with crimson trace laser grips for $299 plus tax
I didn’t have to think too long

Mags are both 10rd, so here in WV I’d think that was a pre AWB sunset model

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Damn - what a steal! Nice pick-up.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The BMS guns were a retrofit design for a forgein contract that required a manual safety. Eventually some made it to the commercial market.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a call to Sig to see if they have any shipping information on the serial number?

Posts: 371 | Location: The once great state of California | Registered: November 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one of these FS here locally some time ago, so they are out there.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Yeah, odd, but not that rare.
They show up from time to time... You got a smoking deal, that's for sure!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing one for sale once, but at the time the added safety didn't interest me. But I'd have grabbed that one for that price.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Time and smoking prices make collectors of us all. Ask me how badly I actually needed a P7.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
We will see how she shoots this weekend
Trigger seems decent dry firing a couple times

Not sure if I like the feel of the laser grips
Didn't Sig make an E2 grip for the 2022 that will work?

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Not sure if I like the feel of the laser grips
Didn't Sig make an E2 grip for the 2022 that will work?
There are now(kind of) 3 grip sizes, originally there were 2 of which the medium was the smallest. I believe the CT grips fall somewhere between the medium and large grips.

A few years back they came out with what I guess would be "roughly" the equivalent of an E2, which is what they now call the small. Oddly, I believe it was eventually discontinued, not sure why.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...ips-black-small.html

You can still find them in the wild on ebay and the like.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.htm...dhi=&_udlo=&_fosrp=1

Crappy pictures of the 3 side by side S-M-L:

I have all 3 sizes, but even though I have small hands, use the large, but I use larger grips for most all of my weapons. Trust me the small is pretty small, and the large is pretty big, I'm just strange that way... Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oddly, I believe it was eventually discontinued, not sure why.

Apparently a complete lack of demand. They're giving them away (I mean that literally) at the LGS and local gun shows. You'll find them right next to the $3 P250 grip frames.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS has been sitting on the same pistol above now for a while. I have two sigpro's but have no desire to own the safety mounted one.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've got one of these. Mine is a two tone DAO. The dealer couldn't give it away. Big Grin Our very good friends at Top Gun Supply were able to get me an SA/DA FCU (and spare magazines, too, as I recall). I sent the pistol and both FCUs to our very good friends at Grayguns. Both FCUs were tuned and polished. The feedramp got some attention and Bruce stiffened the slide-mounted safety a bit.

She's as sweet as Tupelo honey.

The safety is a bit odd. It doesn't decock the pistol- it merely locks the action. You could, if you wished, carry pistol cocked and locked. But, you'd have to be a pretty nimble fingered cowboy to release the safety on this pistol, because in order to disengage the safety, you have to push the lever up, not down.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perfection is impossible,
Trying is not…
posted Hide Post
My S&W 745 is the same way. Ruined me on 1911's.

"Isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Posts: 516 | Location: OKC | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Yep, I’m actually used to 3rd gen smiths like that
Probably won’t carry this one, but it would definitely be hammer down/ safe off if I did

Funny story, lgs owner nearby had a break in years ago.
He lived next door and went to investigate the alarm.
He had just started carrying a 3913, the new standard in small carry guns back then

When he stepped through the door, one way in/out, the perps came running right at him.
Being a staunch 1911 guy, he started swiping the the safety down and pulling the trigger.
It never did go bang, perps ran right by him out the door but we’re caught later and turned out to be teenagers.

He said it probably worked out the way it was supposed to, but if the robbers were armed he would have been done for.

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
There is a P239 with that type Safety for sale on a local forum.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
That was my first Sig. and the reason I joined this forum. When I bought it about 15 years ago, I think I paid $499. Switched out the grip for a small.

The rail is a bit odd, Surefire (I think) makes an adapter to hang a light on if wanted.

Took a Grayguns (now Opspec) class using that gun. 1,000+ rounds, never a problem.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Thanks to a generous instant karma, it now wears the small factory grips
I wear a ML or L golf glove, and these grips down feel too small
We will see how it shoots, looks better anyway!

--Riff Raff--

Picture of CT Dakota
posted Hide Post
Just passed the 6000 round mark with my SP2009. The only mods are a stainless guide rod and night sights. It was my first Sig but not my last. Never had a problem with it at all.

Posts: 1162 | Location: SW Florida,USA | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post