SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 47 announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 47 announced Login/Join 
posted
Hope this isn’t a jib jab. I tried a search.

Glock announced the 47 for DHS.

Wonder if it will eventually make it to the reat of us.

Looks like 17 length slide on 45 frame.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Hope this isn’t a jib jab.

It is. Big Grin (Although the other thread's title isn't all that informative...)

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9350074554

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. Please lock and delete.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Did they change the magazines baseplate design? I notice in the photo that all of those in the photo the baseplate seems to have been moved forward creating a ledge. Pretty sure my old G19 mags don't have that.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
Did they change the magazines baseplate design? I notice in the photo that all of those in the photo the baseplate seems to have been moved forward creating a ledge. Pretty sure my old G19 mags don't have that.

The base plate were extended since the cutout was deleted from these models.

Per the SOW the plate needed to be extended to allow magazines to be stripped if stuck.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The Gen 5 baseplates are extended a bit further than then Gen 1-4. And these G47 baseplates are extended even further than that.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's fake. Check the "Glock" logo. No slogan and no Trademark symbol (letter "R" in circle).

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is it?

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
It's fake. Check the "Glock" logo. No slogan and no Trademark symbol (letter "R" in circle).

A quick Google Image search for "Glock 47" will show a handful of pictures of the real deal.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's fake.

No, it's not. Both Glock and CBP have issued press releases about the adoption of the G47.

And it's been confirmed by a number of current CBP officers who received notification in an agency-wide email several days ago.

Plus G47s have already been spotted out in the wild in the hands of various CBP staff, as evidenced by the various in-hand photos now out there on the web.

quote:
Check the "Glock" logo. No slogan and no Trademark symbol (letter "R" in circle).

You mean this circled R at the top right of the Glock logo? BTW, that image is directly copied from an email sent out to CBP officers by the US Customs and Border Protection Law Enforcement Safety and Compliance Directorate, notifying them of the new duty handgun contract.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Other than being able to put a G19 slide on the G47's G45 lower to make a G45, whats the idea behind the G47, why not just use the G17.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Other than being able to put a G19 slide on the G47's G45 lower to make a G45, whats the idea behind the G47, why not just use the G17.

One of the requirements is modularity between the compact gun(g19) and fullsize(g47).

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The ability to swap the shorter slide of the mid-size gun onto the larger grip of the full-size gun was a specific requirement of the contract.

The P320 is already able to do that, with the Carry grip module. The military's MHS M17/M18 is a P320 that has the option of either a full size slide or a compact slide, and uses a Carry grip module for both configurations.

There is speculation that CBP's solicitation was originally written that way as an attempt to basically force the adoption of the P320. But Glock was able to produce the G47 to meet that requirement.

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep. The Gen 5 baseplates are extended a bit further than then Gen 1-4. And these G47 baseplates are extended even further than that.

Yes the baseplates were extended even further than the current 5th Gen magazines specifically per the CBP SOW.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:

A quick Google Image search for "Glock 47" will show a handful of pictures of the real deal.

Yep sure looks like a fake to me.....Smile

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

posted Hide Post
quote:

Who wrote that fake post? Ever had a post you wish had been written differently? There are some days you should keep your fingers off keyboards and sharp knives.

Regarding the post:

1) I usualy avoid categorical statements. Categorically stating "It's fake." is one that should have been avoided.

2) I still don't see the "R" in the trademark. Since I now know it came from an e-mail, it's probably a screen resolution issue.

The blog coverage I read was dodgy. One said the CBP release stated the pistol selected was the G47...it wasn't mentioned in the release though.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/n...ntract-duty-handguns

Another stated Glock made a formal press release announcing same. Another stated that Glock DIDN'T issue a press release because it was developed strictly for CBP and not available for the public. I still haven't been able to find a Glock release.

I spend a lot of time on the Internet. Lots of fake stuff out there. When reviewing an issue I look for reliable sourcing and links that can be verified. Not much on this issue. Didn't know the original pic I posted on came from CBP sources. The pics of an actual G47 came from one of the blogs who stated they had a CBP source. With Photoshop it's hard to trust pics without some other corroborating information.

If Glock is going to develop a new Pistol, it would be nice to not have to be Agent 007 to figure out what the hell is going on.

This is the real Nipper signing off. Have a good evening.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still haven't been able to find a Glock release.

Here you go:

quote:
GLOCK, Inc., a global leader in firearm manufacturing, was awarded a contract to supply U.S. Customs and Border Protection with the newest generation of GLOCK pistols after an extensive solicitation process.

With more than 45,000 sworn agents and officers, U.S. Customs and Border Protection controls and protects the nation’s borders and has operations at over 330 ports of entry.

The contract calls for the replacement of existing .40 caliber duty handguns with 9X19 GLOCK pistols by 2021. Duty weapons will be replaced for CBP law enforcement personnel and additional Department of Homeland Security units which have chosen to purchase through the contract.

“This contract provides CBP law enforcement personnel the latest in handgun technology and represents our commitment to providing the highest quality use-of-force tools and equipment to our law enforcement personnel who defend America’s frontline every day,” said Deputy Commissioner Robert E. Perez.

CBP’s extensive solicitation process included independent testing by the Institute of Justice Laboratories, extensive field evaluations, and direct input from 16,000 CBP law enforcement personnel.

“It is indeed a great honor to serve those who go in harm’s way to protect all Americans and defend our borders every day,” said Josh Dorsey, Vice President of GLOCK, Inc. “The comprehensive and arduous testing and evaluation process demonstrates that GLOCK pistols continue to deliver unmatched performance and value, giving all agents the confidence they need to succeed and survive in any situation.”

The award incorporates several models, all featuring GLOCK’s newest 5th generation technology. Included are the GLOCK 19 Gen5 MOS, the GLOCK 26 Gen5, and the newly developed GLOCK 47. The GLOCK 47 incorporates a full-size slide with a G45 frame. The GLOCK 47 was developed for the solicitation and is not available to consumers. All three models feature a flared magwell for faster magazine changes, the match-grade GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB) for enhanced accuracy, and will be outfitted with Ameriglo BOLD sights.

About GLOCK, Inc.

GLOCK is a leading global manufacturer of firearms. The simple, safe design of GLOCK’s polymer-based pistols revolutionized the firearms industry and made GLOCK pistols a favorite of military and law enforcement agencies worldwide and among pistol owners. In 2019, GLOCK celebrates its 33rd Anniversary in the United States. Renowned for featuring three safeties, GLOCK pistols offer users of every lifestyle confidence they can rely on. GLOCK, Inc. is based in Smyrna, Georgia.

For more information, please visit us.glock.com.

posted Hide Post
Looks like one only pistol!!
I'll stick with my legacy Sigs!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
Looks like one only pistol!!
I'll stick with my legacy Sigs!

Huh?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post