SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ever heard of a Sarsilmaz CM9?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever heard of a Sarsilmaz CM9? Login/Join 
posted
Me either. Kahr, yes (I have one). A Davenport thug with a record a mile long was arrested after shooting one outside a local bar. Here's the article, but it has no details on the gun:

http://qctimes.com/news/local/...e7-2b46597a9dd6.html

The perp:

http://www.scottcountyiowa.us/...sysid=19376566411809

All about the other CM9:

http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en/catalog/product/CM9/13/54

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Sarsilmaz is a factory in Turkey. They have manufactured weapons for years. As of late, they supposedly have some very well built 9mm pistols on the market.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Nope. But I'm not surprised. I imagine there's all sorts of arms manufacturers that I've yet to hear about. Never heard of their importer, TR Imports, either. But they carry an interesting brand of straight pull bolt rifles that appears to be a LOT less than Merkel offerings, something I've been increasingly curious about. Thanks for the clue that lead to my discovery.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have their BP6, a ridiculously low priced CZ clone. Even takes CZ mags, very accurate, very high quality. IIRC about 220 bucks.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I have their BP6, a ridiculously low priced CZ clone. Even takes CZ mags, very accurate, very high quality. IIRC about 220 bucks.

Now I am curious,can you share more information,would make a good truck gun

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sarsilmaz has been manufacturing firearms since 1880. The CM9 is the second generation version of what used to be sold as the K2P. It is a cocked and locked DA/SA with the slide riding inside the frame.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure. Apparently the price has gone up, I paid 219, but mine is purple. This is a very close copy of the CZ-75 compact. The action is just like a CZ, double action or cocked and locked, but if you want a loaded chamber and DA action you have to manually decock. Off a bench, mine is just slightly less accurate than my Custom Compact L, a tuned CZ from the custom shop, which cost five times as much. It uses the CZ-75 compact magazines, and will accept the standard length mags. I am truly fond of this pistol, which is unfortunate as my wife is as well. Hopefully I copied the link right. You can likely get a better price from CDNN or the Ky Guns site, but Bud's has better descriptions and pictures.

/www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/46425/SAR+USA+B6C9BL+B6C+CMPT+BLK+9MM+13R+

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While the CM9 has the slide inside frame design of the CZ, it does not use the barrel-slide lock up found on the CZ-75 (locking lugs on top of barrel). SAR makes models such as the B6P that are closer copies of the CZ-75.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post