SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked Up My P365 Today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked Up My P365 Today Login/Join 
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
I was pleasantly surprised that the P365 fit perfectly in all of my PM9 holsters be they leather or Kydex. Absolutely no need to go holster shopping for me.

I said this in the big 30 page thread, but my P365 fits perfectly in all of my Kahr K9/P9 holsters. There’s just a bit of holster overhang beyond the muzzle, but no big deal. Great fitment with a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 and Versa Max 2, a Mitch Rosen Clipper and Garrett Silent Thunder.

I can not, however, find a magazine pouch that’ll fit the mag - it’s slimmer than any double stack pouches I currently own.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up my 365 today and went straight to the range and put a 300 round mix of 115 & 124 FMJ as well as 3 different JHP. No issues at all. Did a deep clean when I got home now confident of it’s realibably. Did rapid, limp wrist,stronge, weak and 2 handed and slow fire from 15, 10, 7, and 5 yards.

Question- did the original release come with the green front site or was it the usual Siglite night sight? From the YouTube horror stories I saw this issue seemed like a gun from the new changes? Born date was 2/1/18.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrsig27:
I picked up my 365 today and went straight to the range and put a 300 round mix of 115 & 124 JHP as well as 3 different JHP. No issues at all. Did a deep clean when I got home now confident of it’s realibably. Did rapid, limp wrist,stronge, weak and 2 handed and slow fire from 15, 10, 7, and 5 yards.

Question- did the original release come with the green front site or was it the usual Siglite night sight? From the YouTube horror stories I saw this issue seemed like a gun from the new changes? Born date was 2/1/18.

Originally had the siglites.

Mines a 2/2 date

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
I picked up my 365 today and went straight to the range and put a 300 round mix of 115 & 124 JHP as well as 3 different JHP. No issues at all. Did a deep clean when I got home now confident of it’s realibably. Did rapid, limp wrist,stronge, weak and 2 handed and slow fire from 15, 10, 7, and 5 yards.

I have one coming this week and I’m excited after seeing all of the positive reviews on the new revision.

But I will never understand how Sig could release this gun, have people have all sorts of issues (FTB, etc.), fix it with a second revision with a few tweaks, and have it shoot great. How were the original issues with the first release of the P365 not caught in testing? I understand missing the issue with the P320 going bang when dropped at a certain angle since it wasn’t included in the specific drop test but how are shooting failures missed with a gun in testing?

Anyways, what’s the part number on your gun?

365-9-BSS is the original release with all the issues.
365-9-BXR3 Is the new release that has the fixes.

A P365 born on 2/1/2018 seems like it would be an initial release gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aparoche,

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I got lucky. 365-9-BXR3. No wonder it run like a Swiss watch! I know my dealer got it thru Davidson’s. I guess the “3” means something too.

NRA Benefactor Life

Posts: 155 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guess I got lucky. 365-9-BXR3. No wonder it run like a Swiss watch! I know my dealer got it thru Davidson’s. I guess the “3” means something too.

Sorry, you are correct. I forgot the 3 in my post. And it stands for X-Ray 3 for the sights...

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/x-ray3.html

But yes, you have the new model.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a 365 and a Ruger LCP willing to post photos for size comparison? Thoughts on the size, weight, shape of the 365 for pocket carry? I haven't had a chance to see the 365 in person yet.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
Anyone have a 365 and a Ruger LCP willing to post photos for size comparison? Thoughts on the size, weight, shape of the 365 for pocket carry? I haven't had a chance to see the 365 in person yet.

In my opinion the P365 is a borderline jean pocket carry firearm depending on the jean fit. My Kahr PM9 has a 1/2" shorter barrel which may make a bit of a difference depending on holster. Khakis or loose pockets are no problem for either gun.
Now on the the LCP which is a great pocket carry gun in any type of pants pocket and is quite a bit smaller in every dimension plus a lot lighter than the P365. I still pop this little LCP II in my back pocket when out for a neighborhood walk. Both guns serve a slightly different purpose, the P365 with it's great capacity and better caliber make it a natural for EDC when out in crowds and the LCP II when you are wearing a Speedo and may feel less threatened.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my opinion the P365 is a borderline jean pocket carry firearm depending on the jean fit.

Thanks for the photo. If I used the P365 for pocket carry, it would be with khakis, or loose (traditional) fitting slacks. It might fit the bill. I’m a big guy; I don’t do skinny jeans or current (tight, undersized) men’s fashion in business dress. I sometimes pocket carry an LCP in a Desantis Nemesis and it just disappears. Looks to me like the 365 will be fine in terms of external dimensions since I wear looser/larger pants. Issue would be weight/bulk and feel in the pocket.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm a big guy, my jeans are typically wrangler relaxed fit and I have no issue pocket carrying a P365.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
I carry mine in a Vedder IWB Light Tuck holster with claw attachment in the appendix position and find it quite comfortable.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roadrash
posted Hide Post
I see Ryan Grizzle has the P365 on his list now,for those that want some top notch leather for their P365.

Posts: 558 | Registered: May 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm about to get a P365. Turns out a friend of mine is a gunsmith and FFL. I'm told I can probably get one without the standard markup, which probably puts it in the $499 range. I just have to get ahold of him!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cremaley:
The born date on my P365 is March 11, 2018.

Wow! That's really fresh!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormin:
quote:
I was pleasantly surprised that the P365 fit perfectly in all of my PM9 holsters be they leather or Kydex. Absolutely no need to go holster shopping for me.

I said this in the big 30 page thread, but my P365 fits perfectly in all of my Kahr K9/P9 holsters. There’s just a bit of holster overhang beyond the muzzle, but no big deal. Great fitment with a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 and Versa Max 2, a Mitch Rosen Clipper and Garrett Silent Thunder.

I can not, however, find a magazine pouch that’ll fit the mag - it’s slimmer than any double stack pouches I currently own.

Apparently Stealthgear's short double stack mag carrier will work for these.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I just got 2 off Amazon from Multiholster. I use that brand all the time.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got mine last night and it fits perfectly in my Alabama pocket holster for my Kahr PM9. My dealer got 8 in yesterday and they had 1 left about 1 hr before they closed.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked myself up a P365 today. Feels great with the 12rd extended mag in it. Can’t wait to take it out and go shoot some.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cremaley:
The born date on my P365 is March 11, 2018.

That is the same date for mine. I haven't shot mine yet, but it feels great in my hand. I picked mine up from the LGS this past Saturday and all of the workers there wanted to fondle it. I think I got one of the first 5 that came in. The girl at the counter said the waiting list is still about 27 people deep. I'm glad I got mine when I did!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 887 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marue
posted Hide Post
I am in Brownell’s P365 holding pattern now but glad to hear the good range reports.

Posts: 386 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post