SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked Up My P365 Today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked Up My P365 Today Login/Join 
Picture of cremaley
posted

After a month and a half my P365 finally showed up at my local gun shop today. I've already picked it up, cleaned, and will be off to the range tomorrow to put it through its paces.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats! I got to put 100 rounds down range with one, using the 12 round mag. A very soft shooter for its size.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty, enjoy it. When is it's born on date?

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very interested in the 365. Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is the trigger system like that of the P320, or something different?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
I am very interested in the 365. Let us know how it shoots.

+1.

I see one in my future.

-------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Once I'm sure the fleas are removed, I'll be getting one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Is the trigger system like that of the P320, or something different?

Similar in concept in that the 365 also uses a serialized internal frame trigger assembly. I originally thought the 365 was more conventional compared to 320 and 250 but after watching someone take the trigger group out of his 365 at the range I realized that this was incorrect. Tthe internal chassis on the 365 appeared to be a bit cleaner in organization than how my departed 320C's trigger chassis was put together, but I only managed a brief look at the fellow's gun. If SIG would only deliver our 365 order then I could REALLY tear into one. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I tried a P365 at LGS factory shoot last weekend. Seems like a nice little pistol and I could get a full grip on it with the 10 round magazine. However I could not shoot it near as well as my Walther PPS. I have somewhat larger hands and the small grip and short trigger reach did not work out for me on the firing line. SIG surely will sell a whole lot of these and interest was very high in the P365.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I just received the American Rifleman April 2018 magazine today and the 365 is on the cover. There is a 3 page feature with info and pictures. I am going to look for one to hold and compare to my P938.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just came back from a SIG demo day at Williams. Got to shoot the P365, P320 X carry, and suppressed MPX. They had the MCX suppressed in .300 BLK too, but my buddy shot the last bit of ammo they had (we came in right at the end).

The P365 surprisingly fit my large hands better than I expected. I still prefer a proper sized gun, but I wasn't having to readjust my grip every shot. It also handled recoil pretty well for a small thing. I was glad to see my support thumb didn't quite reach the end of the muzzle, so I didn't have to worry about blast or bullets like I do with the LCP or P238.

I carry a Carry sized P320 and really like having 17+1 on hand. But I really see the value in this tiny P365 with 10+1. I'm not ready to buy one...maybe in a couple years. But I'm certainly intrigued after shooting it.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you really want to compare I'd say find a place where you can not only hold it but shoot it. The two I've fired are very accurate.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winthrop Leather sent me an email stating they have a holster mold for the 365.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived at my LGS a couple of days ago. Tiny little thing. I fired it before work after an initial cleaning. Surprised at the accuracy and ease of shooting this gun. POA=POI @30'
I ran about a box of handloads with no issues and a field strip showed no wear or abrasion of any kind. The x-ray sights are a delight to use, recoil is very manageable, offhand presented no special problems, no sign of a "Glock knuckle".
When I carry a small semi I have always grabbed my Kahr PM9. The Kahr has a slightly shorter slide but other than that, in the hand and fully loaded, they feel pretty much the same which may be a balance thing. I was pleasantly surprised that the P365 fit perfectly in all of my PM9 holsters be they leather or Kydex. Absolutely no need to go holster shopping for me.
Lot's more testing before I switch out the Kahr but so far this could be a game changer for me.
Results for my very first mag, two hand grip, @ 30'
I also had another experienced shooter get the same results.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I went ahead and picked up a P320SC for now as they are scarce around here. A P365 is definitely on my list

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
The born date on my P365 is March 11, 2018.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance we can get shot of them side by side comparing width?

quote:
Originally posted by pm9:
Mine arrived at my LGS a couple of days ago. Tiny little thing. I fired it before work after an initial cleaning. Surprised at the accuracy and ease of shooting this gun. POA=POI @30'
I ran about a box of handloads with no issues and a field strip showed no wear or abrasion of any kind. The x-ray sights are a delight to use, recoil is very manageable, offhand presented no special problems, no sign of a "Glock knuckle".
When I carry a small semi I have always grabbed my Kahr PM9. The Kahr has a slightly shorter slide but other than that, in the hand and fully loaded, they feel pretty much the same which may be a balance thing. I was pleasantly surprised that the P365 fit perfectly in all of my PM9 holsters be they leather or Kydex. Absolutely no need to go holster shopping for me.
Lot's more testing before I switch out the Kahr but so far this could be a game changer for me.
Results for my very first mag, two hand grip, @ 30'
I also had another experienced shooter get the same results.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
And height, please.

quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
And height, please.

quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:

This thread will answer all your questions.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7710047834

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I shot my 365 for the second time today. Very accurate and easy to shoot. Fired 200 rounds in 2 days with bullet weights of 50-147 grain. No issues at all. Seems to like the 124grn HST. The only issue is the same as what I have with most very small guns. My shooting thumb holds the slide stop down if I don't make a conscious effort to place it below it. I put my Glock 42 in the safe and will be selling my Walther PPS M2.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post