SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol case(Plano vs pelican)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol case(Plano vs pelican) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I own both brands, but not those specific models. Planos are good quality, and I often carry guns in them for range trips. Pelicans are VERY protective and secure, considering. When I fly with a gun it goes in a Pelican.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An in-betweener would be the Pelican-Storm line. They are a little lighter than the regular Pelican and have different latches. The 1500 falls right between the iM2300 and iM2400 cases in terms of size.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Pelican case that I have had for years. Had to pluck out all the foam bits, etc.

A couple years ago I purchased a Seahorse SE 630 4 pistol case. Comes with the foam already cut, holds 4 pistols and several mags plus some ammo, accessories, etc. About the same cost as the Pelican, but smaller in external dimensions.

They can be found on Amazon. The only pistols that do not fit easily in this case are the longer .22lr pistols. I believe Seahorse makes a 4 pistol case that will hold the longer guns due to the way the foam is cut.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post