SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tactical flashlight for P320 compact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical flashlight for P320 compact Login/Join 
posted
I am getting ready to buy a new Sig P320 9mm in FDE and I am wanting to buy a tactical flashlight to attach to bottom rail. Please chime in with your opinions of what light would be a good choice. I have never bought one before. Thank you.

Posts: 475 | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streamlight TLR-3 works for me. Good light for the $$$.
If you want to spend more $$$, go Surefire.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Agreee Streamlight is a great light for the money. I personally like adding a laser for those situations where you need to point and shoot because for whatever reason you are unable get a normal sight picture on your target. I have Veridian X5L's on my home defense and CCW handguns. More pricey but it gives me more peace of mind.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
I really like my Surefire X300. I was able to find one lightly used locally for a good price. I was sold on it for the ease of removal with the current latching insert. I can swap it on and off of my nightstand setup very easily.

Granted, it's not the absolute brightest setup possible but it's very functional and seems really durable.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Surefire XC1 fits well on the Compact frame.

The Streamlight TLR-1 is also a good option. It's brighter and slightly cheaper, but larger.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have XC-1 , TLR-1s, TLR-1 HL and Surefire X300U. Overall quality the X300 shines, bang for your buck TLR-1 HL can't be touched, and for size obviously the XC-1, but it is limited.

XC-1 has had a checkered past, and while i have not had a single issue with mine, i am not a fan of the inability to get to all the controls one handed. Constant on is hard to access, and not intuitive.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Streamlight TLR-3

My inside choice. The latest model LED has plenty of lumens for indoor use with the benefit of light weight. Light weight is important to me to get the gun off the nightstand & pointed in the right direction. I think of it as the same as swinging into action with a lightweight, short barreled shotgun on a dove or quail.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan on the inFORCE APL. Flush on fullsize, not too much sticking out on compact and is barely wider than the slide.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Surefire is the gold standard IMO.

Whatever light you are leaning towards, if you are going to use the pistol and light as your EDC, and you have a holster type/brand you favor, make sure that holster is made for your pistol/light choice.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inforce apl

Surefire xc1

Anything else for me is to large (for carry). I actually prefer the xc1 for carry as you don't even know you have a light. The extra length with the apl would dig into my leg (aiwb) while sitting. Many don't like the xc1 because it doesn't have the constant on button but for me it actually works just right when I draw and present, because my weak hand thumb falls right to where the toggle is and it's easy to activate for me.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info everyone. Has anyone tried or have any experience with the Sig Foxtrot1 light ? Thanks again.

Posts: 475 | Registered: February 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of that brand.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of the Surefire X300. I've got holsters for both OWB and IWB and they work with the light, even though it's somewhat large, just fine. I've got one of the XC1's as well. It was on my Glock32 and an INCOG IWB holster - great for carry, not as easy to use and they it went crosswire and had to go back to Surefire. It would literally turn on at random...as in just sitting on the table and boom..there's light. Then the switches worked when they wanted to, which wasn't all the time. They just sent me a new one instead of fixing the old one. I really want to use it again, but I'm somewhat expecting being disappointed.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have a TLR 1 HL and a Surefire X300u. The SF feels like it's a "little" more solid, but sheesh the thing is big. The Streamlight is brighter also.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gundawg:
bang for your buck TLR-1 HL can't be touched

Absolutely. Just picked one up for rifle use. Man, that thing throws a beam that could blind a satellite! Like my TLR-3 on the G30 too. Not as bright, but inexpensive and light weight.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I was going to get a Streamlight TLR-3, until I realized it used a CR2, rather than a CR123. I spent a bit more and went with the Inforce APL. Fits my P320 FS like it was designed for it.

Throws as much light as I'll ever need.

Finally thought to check it outside, night-before-last. Holy smokes! It's about 250' to the brush line. Lit it up pretty well--esp. considering I had my back to a doorwall to a lit room.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have an INSIGHT M6X. Plenty of LED powered light and a red laser. Snaps on/off easily with a stiff spring loaded crossbar to the P320c and holds adjustment.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I keep a Surefire x300 on my full-size 320. I like the Streamlight TLR-1, but the Surefire switch is more idiot proof.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the SureFire X400 Ultra Green. I use it back and forth on a Sig P320C and MCX.

Posts: 94 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a TLR-1 on my full size. It sticks out past the barrel but it's bright and wasn't too expensive. It gets dirty but cleans up easily enough. Once I get my barrel threaded, it won't be an issue.

So the full size lights will stick way out on your compact.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post