SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    West Germany made some fine, fine guns. P230 content inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Germany made some fine, fine guns. P230 content inside Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
So....I unexpectedly ended up with another one yesterday, a mint Tysons P230 in an orange box. Looks 99%, perhaps unfired except for some brass marks on the magazine followers.

I also put a spare set of factory walnut grips on my 7,65B converted P230SL.

Anytime I hit old gun shops, I scour them for old mags. The second P230 SL that I put the Nill logo grips on came with a bunch of the all stainless mags as well. I've got more than I recall amassing, now that I spread them out on the table.

Interestingly, there are five generations of packaging over time.

and a close-up of the SIG/Sigarms/Sauer/Hammerli bags:

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great looking collection. I enjoy seeing the passion for a particular firearm.

Thank you for sharing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are stunning pistols.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, share some of those mags! My P230SL was a police turn in and only came with one.

Nice collection you've got there!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Hell with the guns... those mags are amazing! Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
That's a great collection you have.
I am also a fan of the P230 and P232.
I particularly like the set of Sig Nills on the P230 on the right. Beautiful!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
Beautiful collection!!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Eek Eek Eek
Eek Eek Eek
Eek Eek Eek

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Pics of the new score.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are very pretty guns that function perfectly. My wife had one and loved it, other than it's size for ccw and it ate everything we gave it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Nice guns. Wendy carries a P-230 in stainless as her EDC. She even took it to Frontsight for training. She kept up with the 1911 crowd even with the heal magazine release. She loves it. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have had 3-4 230’s over the years including a couple of SL’s. They are always Guns I liked to look at and fondle but hated shooting them. They bit the crap out of my hands.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have had 3-4 230’s over the years including a couple of SL’s. They are always Guns I liked to look at and fondle but hated shooting them. They bit the crap out of my hands.

Agreed. It is a bitter disappointment but probably saves a lot of wear and tear on my pistol.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcfiero
posted Hide Post
I have two each of the 230 and 232. The ones I carry and shoot regularly I have rubber Hogues on them. I recommend them if shooting these on a regular basis.

Posts: 327 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: June 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Owned a P230SL of KF manufacture - it was one of the two firearms I purchased the day I turned 21 (other being a KF P220).

I enjoyed the weapon but never shot it that well (likely my fault) and disliked the European roots (magazine catch and lack of a slide stop).

Still, I would enjoy having it around but I traded it off after a year or three of ownership.

Sexy as hell though, nice bunch of em OP.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Re: “They are always Guns I liked to look at and fondle”

Similar with my Interarms Walther PPK/S .380. Beautiful pistol, but viciously sharp recoil, hard-to-rack slide, and 17 lb. DA trigger. My not-so-pretty SIG P238 is so much more fun to shoot.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow! You have a great collection. I think you are the “Q” of the 230/232 Sigs.

Which grips do you like the best?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of musc
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection. Love the one on top right with the Nills.

Posts: 93 | Location: SC | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh, I'm so jelly. I keep bidding on these on gb, but ultimately give up. I want one, just because I absolutely love the look of that pistol, just don't need one. But, if I can get one for a steal I'll do it. Congrats on a beautiful collection. They are really great looking guns. And wowzers is all I can say about the mags!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the best looking semi-autos ever made.... I bought a Stainless Steel 230 years ago... came with Houge combat grips and fits my hand perfectly and the pistol has never failed to function.

PGT: Damn, I hope you realize at $50+ each you have a small fortune in magazines.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post