SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which 9mm pistol will recoil the least? (make a guess)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which 9mm pistol will recoil the least? (make a guess) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Funny I found the M&P Core to be kinda snappy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
The CZ has been touted as having very low recoil but mine was clearly sharper than all the others.

Is the CZ steel frame, as opposed to Aluminum? I forget which of the 9mm's are all steel, including frame.
it's a steel frame

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The CZ has been touted as having very low recoil but mine was clearly sharper than all the others.

I bought a CZ85 Combat about a year ago and noticed the same. I have let others shoot it and nearly all of them comment on it as well.

Mine was in comparison to Beretta 92, P226, and SP2022.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally for someone who is recoil sensitive I found my handguns to be listed in the following order from least to most recoil:

M11 A-1
PX4 Storm Full Size
M&P 9 1.0 Full Size
HK P30L

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s a CZ75 SA for rent at the range where I shoot. I’m always surprised equally by how accurate it is as well as how snappy the recoil is compared to an STI Ranger II 1911 in 9mm. ETA: As for my guess of the guns in the OP, I'll say the PX4 will recoil the least.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mr.9mm,

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So which gun is the heaviest?

I was taught that overall, the lowest recoil would be the heavy gun, all other things being equal.

Of course, things are not equal with factors like bore axis.

I also wonder if some of the polys flex a little which tends to adsorb recoil.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
My Wilson EDC X9 just sits there. Ever so slight rearward movement, but no muzzle lift. Crazy easy to double tap! And that’s with Federal HST 124 +P rounds!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big heavy slide seems to help.

I was wondering about that. I would've thought a big, heavy frame would be more to the purpose, but the results you got are the results you got.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:

I bought a CZ85 Combat about a year ago and noticed the same. I have let others shoot it and nearly all of them comment on it as well.

I was given and shot a heavy CZ 75 at my Range and found the recoil sharper that my other 9's. While the pistol is heavy, the slide is not that big and some of it rests inside the frame. My 2 SIG's, 226 & M11 A-1, have heavier slides and lower recoil.

Mine was in comparison to Beretta 92, P226, and SP2022.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what this recoil is that your speak of but my guess would be the Beretta Brig with that beefy slide.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
I've always thought the Beretta 92 was one of the softest shooting 9mm's out there.

The PX4 is softer still.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Ive done several similar recoil comparisons. I like helping new shooters ease into shooting by giving them the lightest-shooters first to get them comfortable with it. I typically start them off with my 90-two. Adding a Comp to my Beretta made it even softer, too. Ive run into a lot of people at the range who are first time shooters or new to shooting and bought a Shield or small CC gun first, and are having issues. One young man wasnt even hitting the 12" target at 5 yards with his shield and was visibly discouraged. I said hi and we talked. He was receptive and went through some basics, and let him shoot the beretta to get him on-target. Then he went to the smaller gun and was still able to get hits. Its a good opener, imo.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Sig P226's and one Browning High Power. The least recoil felt is with one of My Sig P226's which is the Stainless steel version definitely has the less felt recoil.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Ive done several similar recoil comparisons. I like helping new shooters ease into shooting by giving them the lightest-shooters first to get them comfortable with it. I typically start them off with my 90-two. Adding a Comp to my Beretta made it even softer, too. Ive run into a lot of people at the range who are first time shooters or new to shooting and bought a Shield or small CC gun first, and are having issues. One young man wasnt even hitting the 12" target at 5 yards with his shield and was visibly discouraged. I said hi and we talked. He was receptive and went through some basics, and let him shoot the beretta to get him on-target. Then he went to the smaller gun and was still able to get hits. Its a good opener, imo.

That's awesome. What comp is that?

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Out of all my 9s, sigs, H&K, CZs, STI, S&W and SA, it would be between my STI 1911 and CZ Shadow 2. The shadow is heavy as all get out and the STI is well balanced. I'd say the CZ is the better.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I did a similar side by side with six or so common full size conventional DA pistols.

I'm not surprised about the 92.

I would like to try it side by side with a 9mm 1911.

Posts: 5098 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What happened to your Glock? Looks like my 4 year old nephew got ahold of it and some spray paint.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That's a fairly accurate assessment

Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I was really surprised when i shot my shield.The gun had little recoil,and i compared it to my heavy dan wesson pointman 9mm.

I was really surprised.I had a 226 alloy frame with a dak that was about half the recoil of my 226 all steel 226 elite.

I have owned 3 2022 sigs over the years,and kick myself for trading or selling them.The recoil on the 2022 was softer than any 226 i have shot.

It really is confusing,as some days some guns recoil more than other days.So to me,that mean my grip or stance is not the same.
I was ready to buy a cz shadow 2 until i read here that recoil is more than other heavy guns,but other shooter feel it is less recoil.

My glock 17l is really smooth,and has very mild recoil.I have had 5 cervicle neck fusions,so recoil really travels up my arm and hits all the hardware in my neck.

Its like being shocked with a cattle prod when the shock is hard,so i really try to avoid any heavy recoil.

I know its not a 9mm,but i ordered a fn 5.7,and am looking to see how that shoots.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tuumunz,

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Fun topic. Thanks for posting the video. I found that I had the same overall impression of the PX4 Storm my friend let me shoot. I can't recall if it was the full size or the compact, but it was a remarkably soft shooting pistol. I've shot Beretta 96D's before, but never a Beretta 92 of any variant. I have always sort of had the impression that it was a reasonably mild recoiling pistol.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post