SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want a SIG “CCP”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want a SIG “CCP” Login/Join 
posted
I would like to SIG do a CCW like the walther CCP on SIG style, after thorough Beta testing of course!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The 365 is better

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The 365 is better

Dusty, yeah maybe. I really just want an updated “HK P7” I envison a 15 round (use 365 mag technology), gas operated system and you have superslim hicap P7 with good grip. Make it about 375.00 Winner!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The 365 is better

Dusty, yeah maybe. I really just want an updated “HK P7” I envison a 15 round (use 365 mag technology), gas operated system and you have superslim hicap P7 with good grip. Make it about 375.00 Winner!

I hear you but it will never happen. There a reason the P7 cost $1200 back in the 90’s. Delayed blow back pistols will never be back in any major way.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I just want a P365 with a longer barrel and slide. I get it, it's made as a pocket pistol, but I prefer holster carry anyway, and as accurate as it is with the short sight radius, an extra half inch or inch...

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
I just want a P365 with a longer barrel and slide. I get it, it's made as a pocket pistol, but I prefer holster carry anyway, and as accurate as it is with the short sight radius, an extra half inch or inch...

This is exactly what we need. It would allow a real grip, better handling with the slimness, and capacity. I read somewhere Phil Strader from SIG was saying there may be other offerings-whatever that means?

posted Hide Post
I hear you but it will never happen. There a reason the P7 cost $1200 back in the 90’s. Delayed blow back pistols will never be back in any major way.[/QUOTE]

Meaning?
I am interested in your point.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
quote:
I hear you but it will never happen. There a reason the P7 cost $1200 back in the 90’s. Delayed blow back pistols will never be back in any major way.

Meaning?
I am interested in your point.

The P7 is a great gun, but had a lot of detailed machining steps which increased production costs. However if we just look at the gas delayed blowback system, the disadvantages (additional manufacturing cost when compared to the standard Browning short recoil system used on almost every other major pistol today, plus heat and potential ammo issues like the recommendation of no 147gr in the P7) don't outweigh the benefit of having the gas delayed blowback system.

I say this as a dedicated P7 fan - I count myself lucky to have a P7 M8 and I love just about everything about it, but it's not an economical design. I was very excited when Walther announced their gas delayed blowback gun, but their implementation fell short.

It would be great if Sig would make an updated "P7-like" gun, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They seem more interested in the lower cost polymer frame/striker fired market. While it makes perfect sense from a business standpoint, it doesn't help those of us who like the "classic" P7 and p22x style of guns.

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like you need a 320 subcompact... but I'm not an expert on the others you mentioned....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post