SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Went for a bike ride ended up with a P250 last night
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went for a bike ride ended up with a P250 last night Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Went for a ride last night and stopped by my LGS. In the used gun counter was aSig P250 sub compact in 380

Made them a silly offer of $200 and they said ok. It was the end of the night I shoulda said $150 lol

It’s in as new condition very clean no wear marks from holster. Came with original box two mags papers etc

It holds 16 rounds of 380 per mag lol. Small boolits but a lot of them

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Not bad, 16 round in a sub-compact ain't bad.
Personally, I'd find a non-railed grip frame.

Nice find & the same price that LCPs are going for right now.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good catch! I have had one since 2015 and like the tar out of it. It has been totally reliable and I really like the safety factor (for me) that the DAO adds. Mine fits perfectly in the side pocket of either of my cool weather hoodies - I just carried it two nights ago ... but usually carry a 442 since they're lighter. Para will prolly chop my head off for saying this: lemme know if you want to sell it!!

Edited to add: your slide looks sub-compact but the grip module looks to be compact. My SC maggies hold 12-RDS. All the more reason for you to sell it ... soon! Wink

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'll have to look closer I may be a compact, I just checked the internals, trigger, barrel, all looked good and made the offer, next thing you know I'm filling out a 4473.... Go figure...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice score. You don't see many of those.

The P250 .380 could potentially nicely fill a niche: a gun for someone like a "little old man" or "semi-uninterested wife", who doesn't know much about guns and isn't really inclined to train much but wants something simple to keep around for protection. Sort of a modern day equivalent to the long-standing usual advice of a medium-sized .38 revolver for that kind of situation.

Simple to operate. Large capacity. No external safeties. Longer/potentially safer trigger pull. Light recoil. Mid-sized so it's easier to shoot than a tiny pocket gun.

But I understand why it was discontinued after only a short time... It doesn't really offer anything over the 9mm P250, other than a minor decrease in felt recoil, and potentially a slightly easier to rack slide (if the recoil spring is lighter than the one used on the 9mm).

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'll have to look closer I may be a compact

That P250 is in fact a Compact, but I'm not sure if you are too. (If you have to look closer, I'd say you probably are... Big Grin)

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm no where near compact LOL....

Definitely a full size, or oversized... Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Is that a neutered mag? It may be the picture but that mag looks dimpled.

I still would have bought it for 200.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
At $200, I wouldn't have been able to say no.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dimples are there to hold the spacer in the back of an otherwise 9mm mag body ...

You know what they say about the guys who always say they are super-sized ... Wink

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
At $200, I wouldn't have been able to say no.

In this case I was the one that said "if you do it for $200 I"m in" then had to pony up, pretty much done for at that point.

For the price it fits a niche it's either going on my hip for motorcycle rides or to my daughter.

Other than the looooong reset I really like the P250 for all the reasons posted above.

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
If you think you'll get a subcompact grip, pickup some mags now while they're still silly cheap at Sig...
https://www.sigsauer.com/store...380acp-magazine.html
Should still be free shipping over $100 if there's anything else you need (like the grip if its in stock).

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thanks I"ll check it out

Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
That'll teach ya - or maybe not Wink

Nice score

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Sig P250 series, had four of them. I sold the .45 a few weeks ago and bought a SP2022 9mm which I gave to my son as a birthday/Christmas present. I have only run across one .380 version, though there are plenty of P320sc .380 pistols in local gun shops.

My 250f .45 a.c.p. and 250c 9mm.

My P250sc's in 9mm and .40 S&W.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I'll have to look closer I may be a compact, I just checked the internals, trigger, barrel, all looked good and made the offer, next thing you know I'm filling out a 4473.... Go figure...

You certainly have a Compact. The .380 was only made with a subcompact slide and barrel; it was a Subcompact if it had a subcompact grip module and it was a Compact if it had a compact grip module cut back in length.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...though there are plenty of P320sc .380 pistols in local gun shops.

Did I read this correctly? I know I am senile but I've never heard of a P320 in .380. I hope you're right!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
was a Subcompact if it had a subcompact grip module and it was a Compact if it had a compact grip module cut back in length.

Yes, I purchased both & still have the Compact. I use the cut down grip frame on my P320 subs also.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
While I am not in the market, there is no way I could have turned away from that deal.

Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
quote:
...though there are plenty of P320sc .380 pistols in local gun shops.

Did I read this correctly? I know I am senile but I've never heard of a P320 in .380. I hope you're right!!

Sorry to disappoint, but Colby Bruce is mistaken. There's no such thing as a .380 P320, subcompact or otherwise. The P250 was produced in .380 for a few years, but not the P320. He must be referring to 9mm P320SCs.

(And before anyone asks, you cannot use a P250 slide with a P320 FCU, so that means no cobbling together a .380 Franken-P3250 either. Wink )

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:
You certainly have a Compact. The .380 was only made with a subcompact slide and barrel; it was a Subcompact if it had a subcompact grip module and it was a Compact if it had a compact grip module cut back in length.

Very cool, I was not aware of this. Same concept as the P320 "Carry", which is a compact slide on a fullsize grip. I wonder what happens if you want a new grip circumference (small/med/large), or if you can buy that particular grip frame separately?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post