SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Taurus Spectrum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Taurus Spectrum Login/Join 
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
No Tauri for me.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
No Tauri for me.

But one Taurus is fine? Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I like the general concept, i.e., its streamlined and snag-free appearance, something I consider vital in a pocket/BUG gun, but ... it's a Taurus. Perhaps it is unfair of me, after all it was 20 years ago, but a Taurus I had was the worst piece of shit ever, and it has left a permanent bad taste. But then, I've had major functioning and breakage problems with now two Ruger LCPs.

Everybody knows Taurus bad reputation for reliability. I have also seen several Ruger LCP and LC9 in my classes that were jam-o-matics. I was surprised and disappointed to see that

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Introduced at the last Shot Show and maybe they'll be out before the next one.

My Wife and I would like to see a finished one, but don't expect them to be any better than my S&W Bodyguard.

I have two Taurus revolvers and have been very happy with them.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to say I like the take down set up on the Taurus and Beretta Nano allot better then that poorly designed LCP's take down pin. I've had my LCP pins work out on both my LCP's.
Who knows I might swallow my pride when I finally see a Spectrum and might even buy one. BUT I'll be doing allot of reading and researching before that happens though. Anybody know what the MSRP is going to be? I know it's to early to get a street price.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Std colors.....MSRP $289

House colors.....MSRP $305

I have no idea about street price.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I would choose a different brand. Spotty quality and not a great company.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Std colors.....MSRP $289

I wouldn't take one if you paid me, and I am not kidding.

Posts: 107574 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What if we paid you and gave you a sammich?

Disclosure: the only Taurus I own is a copy of the old Winchester corn cob slide 22 takedowns. I love it nicely made. Most other Tauri give me the shivers.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
Std colors.....MSRP $289

Thanks, That's a little higher then I expected them being a Taurus. I guess I'll wait and see what people are saying about them once they get out. I don't need those fancy colors plain black is good enough for me. Actually as far as that goes I don't need another pocket gun much less a inferior Taurus.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post