SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Taurus Spectrum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Taurus Spectrum Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Actually, I dig it in concept. Would like to shoot one a bit to see if it's not utterly meh.

The Taurus haters will come to sort me out soon no doubt.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I played with these at the NRA show and besides he dumb colors the gun seemed to be really well made. Very smooth without molding marks etc... it felt more premium then normal Taurus offerings

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
So I presume this is a LCP II fighter?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it curved?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Is it curved?

Ha ha ha, great minds think alike.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
It does not look to bad but the 7-9 pound trigger will stop me from buying it.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
The video seemed to spend a lot of time on "fashion" and "looks" which is pretty stupid for a gun that's supposed to be hidden in a pocket. I doubt I'll try one since I'm set for pocket guns right now but it may not be too bad.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Is it curved?

Well, actually...since there's hardly a straight line on the outside of this thing, it probably could wear their 'curve' banner with family pride.

Not a bad looking gun, and Taurus of late has done a far better job in getting the build and operation quality done right. We had a batch of their guns come in when distributors were discounting like mad; frankly their semi-autos seemed pretty good and at least equal to most comparable rival guns, and subsequent feedback from our customers makes it sound like that they've finally turned the corner on QC. I'd guess that this one will do very well in the marketplace as long as it tests as reliably as the Ruger.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I played with these things at the shot show this year and I was actually fairly impressed with how they felt for a Taurus. Someday they might actually get released so they can be tested on how they actually perform.... we'll see I guess

As for the colors.. I'm not a huge fan of colors in my gun, but I do like the selection of different colors because a lot of people do.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would really like to handle one of these to see what I can see. I have zero problems with Taurus, and I own/shoot three(3) big bore revolvers and one semi in 357Sig, all made by Taurus.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Taurus fan but I have to admit I would like to check one of these out. I won't give up my P 238 for a wallet gun but I'm not overly impressed with the LCP's either. The LCP II is a joke, to me it's an accident waiting to happen. I like my Custom LCP but there's still room for improvement.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
It is a nice style but its still a taurus?

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should be pretty solid we'll see. My TCP years ago was great, and I am no Taurus fan really. I put 650 rounds through it without cleaning and no malfunctions. I have a little 732 TCP that I love, it goes everywhere.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it comes in fashion colors, and that's all you need to know.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAEIndustries:
It is a nice style but its still a taurus?

+ 1

I bought a Taurus about 10yrs ago. Defective, it went back to Taurus and when it came back I gave it right back to my dealer and got a S&W M 637 for the wife. I haven't looked at a Taurus since.

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
If the QC at Taurus remains true to form, the sleek lines of this thing will make a nice trolling weight, just like the others

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bad copy of a Vektor CP1.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can feel the warm feeling for Taurus about the same as I have. Some months back I watched a program where they went through the Taurus factory in Brazil and the one in Miami. It was pretty impressive but I think there was allot of smoke blowing going on. I can't remember if it was The American Rifleman TV or which one it was. I watched it a few times then deleted it. It was worth watching.
Years ago I lived 15 minutes or so from Taurus in Miami Lakes.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I like the general concept, i.e., its streamlined and snag-free appearance, something I consider vital in a pocket/BUG gun, but ... it's a Taurus. Perhaps it is unfair of me, after all it was 20 years ago, but a Taurus I had was the worst piece of shit ever, and it has left a permanent bad taste. But then, I've had major functioning and breakage problems with now two Ruger LCPs.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post