SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W CORE mounting plates ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W CORE mounting plates ... Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a M&P9 Pro CORE. Adaptor plates are marked Type 1 through Type 5. Manual says the type 2 adaptor plate is for the Leupold Deltapoint. I have a Deltapoint Pro on order. Do the older DP and the newer DP Pro use the same mounts?

Do the CORE tall sights co-witness with the DP Pro?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No the Pro takes a different mounting plate. I got mine from MidwayUSA but it is not in stock and no back order. The sights do not co-witness.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...w-m-and-p-core-matte

Check with Leupold

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well bummer! I do note that it says it's for the M&P CORE ... but calls it a dovetail mount, which would indicate that it uses the rear "dovetail" sight mount ... not the CORE milling. I've noted this confusion (at least to me) on other web entries?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is not a dove tail mount. I contacted Midway before I ordered one to make sure. They were looking into changing the description.

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. The non-cowitness irons are disappointing though.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Cowitnessing is a non issue IME. On the CORE I completely ignore the sights and focus on the target and watch the dot. It's quicker for multiple hits and transitioning from target to target than tracking the front sight. Feels weird if you've been a lifetime "front sight, press" shooter but you learn quick and the dot is much faster.

If you get the dot low in the window on mine (RMR) you can cowitness but it defeats the purpose of the dot in the window IMO.

My $.02 and worth about as much.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Cowitnessing is a non issue IME. On the CORE I completely ignore the sights and focus on the target and watch the dot. It's quicker for multiple hits and transitioning from target to target than tracking the front sight. Feels weird if you've been a lifetime "front sight, press" shooter but you learn quick and the dot is much faster.

If you get the dot low in the window on mine (RMR) you can cowitness but it defeats the purpose of the dot in the window IMO.

My $.02 and worth about as much.

Interesting. I've wondered if the "need" for irons was a carry over from long term use (in my case about 50 years). And a question please "IME" is a new abbreviation to me ... I'm guessing in my experience?

Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
I took my 9mm M&P PC and the mounting plates to my gunsmith and asked him to get the Deltapoint Pro mounted. $75.00 later, it was done.

Apparently he drilled two new holes in one of the mounting plates and charged me for two screws.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arflattop:
I took my 9mm M&P PC and the mounting plates to my gunsmith and asked him to get the Deltapoint Pro mounted. $75.00 later, it was done.

Apparently he drilled two new holes in one of the mounting plates and charged me for two screws.

Really good to know ... thanks.