SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    need help/info with this P225 two tone...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need help/info with this P225 two tone... Login/Join 
Picture of bolo4tom
posted
I was offered this P225 tonite and the seller doesn't have a lot of info, or hes just not offering it up. 1990 KA production. im a little skeptical bc the box doesn't say anything bout nickel, two tone, duo tone or anything and ive not seen many of the older 225s in this finish. questions, do you think this is a factory finish? what would this be worth? anything else I should know? btw, his asking price seems reasonable. thanks for any and all info

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aftermarket re-finish is my guess. Looks like it was done right. I would pay 500 if the gun looks good internally.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whatever the original finish was, it is no longer original. Factory original Ni SIGs never had a polished look like that. That looks more like a hard chrome job. Also, it appears that the breech block and the barrel were also refinished. Sights are definitely not original.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
in your first pic (but not so much the second pic) it appears on my monitor to be a Hard Chrome finish on the slide and controls...

If the pistol looks good otherwise and you like it...get it...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Looks like its flaking around the front of the spring guide hood. Ask for pictures of the date codes. Still looks like a nice pistol.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Agree with others. Nice looking gun but slide, controls, barrel etc. are definitely refinished.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
thank you gentlemen! I appreciate the info. after getting additional pics this morning, the pistol is in very nice condition but we couldn't reach a deal on it. mismatched serial number between box and gun, no manual/target, aftermarket re-fi and sights. its a #557 gun which appears to be between 87-88.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like brushed chrome to me.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you were looking at:

• Put it in the safe for 20 years to put your kids through college? -> No.
  • Unload every box of 9s nearby and come back next week? -> Maybe.
  • Guy wanted too much for it because he thought the shiny bits would get him more $$$ -> Yes!

Looks nice, but they plated too many parts to be original. At least you were able to save your hard earned bucks for something better down the road.

•  
    Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post