SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 mod to celebrate shipping label
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 mod to celebrate shipping label Login/Join 
posted
Got my shipping labels for two of my three 320’s. Got them all boxed up and ready to go. I got motivated to use one of my grip modules that I have laying around and experiment. My last 320 is a sub compact. I thought it would be neat to have a compact frame and sub compact slide without the over hang. So out came the dremel and wood burner.

I also took one of those cheap paddle holsters and shortened it to fit for range use.

Anyway, here she is. I don’t think it’s going to supplant either the SC or C in the Sig lineup but I like it.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing with my P 250.

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
SC slide on a shortened Compact frame is my most carried configuration.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is surprisingly nice. This is what the Carry model should have been imo. I hate the Carry version, worst combo they could have made. This combo feels good. Except that my lights don’t fit on it.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
That looks nice. If you have access to a bench mounted belt sander or even foam sanding blocks, you could bevel the polymer frame back to match the slide like oem. Touch up with a 3M Scotch pad to come very close in appearance as well.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhh, never thought of 3M blocks. Thanks, I shall endeavor to do that. Shot it today. It’s still a nice combo.

In my 320 journey I have discovered my truth. The factory grip modules are way too slick. They all benefit from Talon grips, stippling, something. I shoot them way better with some traction.

Off to find my sanding blocks. Thanks.

Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Looks great

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post