SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How are Browning 1911 22’s?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are Browning 1911 22’s? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Looking at this guy for a cheap 1911 trainer, plinking suppressesed, etc. never handled one and 22’s are finicky. Any chance someone has one?

Thanks!

https://www.browning.com/produ...ssor-ready-rail.html

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The closest thing I have to that one is in .17mach2. No problems to speak of.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Looking at this guy for a cheap 1911 trainer, plinking suppressesed, etc. never handled one and 22’s are finicky. Any chance someone has one?

Thanks!

First off- they are smaller than a 1911. They are listed as 85% sized.

I have 1911s. I also have a Star Model S .380.

the Browning 1911 .22 feels more like my Star Model S than any of my 1911s.

I also tried testing the trigger break with a block on the firing pin to prevent chamber mouth damage.

The trigger break wasn't as nice as my factory RIA 1911 Tactical. I am sure it can be made smoother/crisper, but the fact was it didn't impress me.

I haven't fired it. There should be little recoil, but I can't get past the size and trigger.

I chose a conversion top end for my best 1911- even though the conversion kit i bought [Nelson] cost about what a Glock runs. However, I have the size, weight and trigger pull that I want- and with both accuracy and reliability, plus sights I like.

Hopefully someone with actual use experience will chime in and offset my observations.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^^ a conversion may be the way to go. The little Browning isn’t cheap. Does RIA make a 22 1911?

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I posted info about mine here: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...230021554#3230021554

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank you 10-7

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
These Tac-Sol conversions look interesting.

https://www.tacticalsol.com/2211-series

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have an older one. The sights are miniature copies of the WW2 military type and are virtually worthless to my old eyeballs. The front blade essentially completely fills the notch in the rear sight. Hopefully Browning has improved the sights on more recent guns.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Browning shoots great, but it is expensive. So are the mags, mine came with one. A better trainer is a Ceiner type conversion. Spare mags cost less, too.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fredward, I’m looking more at conversions now. Appreciate the hint.