SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 or P320 SAS?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 or P320 SAS? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
Do they still make the SAS variants of pistols over at Sig Sauer? I'm looking to flesh out my pistol collection a bit, and I'd love a 229 or p320 in SAS.

Or did my search skills just fail me once again?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Right now, I don't think they make a P229 SAS, at least, their website doesn't show them. They never made a P320 SAS.

That being said, I've seen P229 SAS variants from time to time on consignment at my LGS at a reasonable price.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Sig slide and frames don't really have a lot of sharp edges outside of the accessory rails. Never understood the SAS on a gun that's already pretty smooth.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Marketing.

That being said, I always liked the gen 1 SAS P229.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While there are a number of SAS fans out there, I've never been interested. There is nothing on my 1995 P229 .40 (no-rail) that could either hang up or print. If you want the SAS for functionality rather than cache, any current production no-rail P229 will do. Or a no-rail CPO.

Regarding the SRT, it can always be added, if desired. I'm agnostic on SRT. For my defensive guns, I don't shoot any better or worse because of the SRT. IMO, plain old trigger fundamentals are more important.

Regarding the non-existent P320 SAS. There's really no snag points on the stock slide. The grip frame (bulbous rail) is another issue. It would be nice to see a no-rail option on the P320 Compact. Similar to the Small size no-rail grip frame on the Sub-Compact, but with a Compact size.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
I owned a P229 SAS in 9mm a few years ago, and kick my own backside for trading it. These days, I rock a non-SAS P229R DAK in 357 SIG and I love that gun too. I still wish I had my old SAS 9mm back though.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Regarding the non-existent P320 SAS. There's really no snag points on the stock slide. The grip frame (bulbous rail) is another issue. It would be nice to see a no-rail option on the P320 Compact. Similar to the Small size no-rail grip frame on the Sub-Compact, but with a Compact size.

I agree -- the 320 is rounded by design. Polymer lends itself to that kind of manufacture.

You can come close to what you want by using and X-grip and Compact magazines with a Subcompact. But I'm with you -- I wish ALL the frames came with a no-rail option.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have a P229C in 357Sig. This variant in no longer made. One of the best Sigs I've ever owned.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Sig P229 9mm SAS It is my go to carry gun.You get it all the SRT, rounded and no goofy rail. And it is not a Tupperware pistol... Cool

Posts: 179 | Registered: September 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post