SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Scorpion 1911 Slide Stays Open
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scorpion 1911 Slide Stays Open Login/Join 
Picture of MickGIS
posted
In the summer of 2016 I bought a new Scorpion 1911 with a threaded barrel, I put about 500 rounds through it then I had an Ed Brown, stainless steel, non-threaded barrel fitted and have since put another 500 rounds through it. The last few trips to the range when I load a full mag (Trip Research 8rd) and cycle the slide by pull it fully to the rear, sporadically the slide will stay open but the slide catch is not engaged. I drop the mag and pull the slide back but it does not release and go into battery. It takes a few pulls until the slide closes. I don’t think it’s the mag since the slide catch is not engaged and the slide stays open when I drop the mag. The only other thing I can imagine that is keeping the slide from closing is the plunger lever (#29) that depresses the firing pin plunger (#45). The only other thing up there is the disconnector (#24). Other than this it has functioned very well. Anyone have any ideas as to what’s happening?

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Corporal Dwayne Hicks, US Colonial Marine Corps

Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the original barrel, and bushing?

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MickGIS
posted Hide Post
Not yet, good idea, thanks.

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Corporal Dwayne Hicks, US Colonial Marine Corps

Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
The barrel idea is a good one. It may be that your locking lugs are a hair too high. Let us know if that fixes it.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post