posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
...5th Spl Forces...

quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
...(RodFAC) I was with 101st Airborne up in Phu Bai...

Thanks for link and info Sleep
Gentlemen, the US Army announced your former Units will be the first to issue the P320 to Troops

(http://SoldierSystems.net/2017/05/03/Army-to-issue-new-m17-modular-handgun-to-ft-campbell-troops-first/)

Thanks for the link Sleepla8ter

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by titus66:
We bought two of them last year, the FDE, and a Talo Army Green; both had terrible triggers (gritty/rough, and quite heavy), the Talo being worse than the FDE. Both were quickly sent to Sig for the AEP, and the difference was amazing. IMO, they should be that nice when you buy them! The round count on both is under 1K.

FWIW, I just bought one of the new Talo 226 Classic Carry's, and also a NIB,old stock 220 (2014?), and both of these triggers are JUST as nice as the M11. It's hard to make sense of how that works!

Agree with this, mine was horrible out if the box, and even though is specs at the same DA pull weight as a regular 29 or 26 it was significantly heavier.

It's my favorite compact sig, don't care about the 228 on the grips, and wouldn't trade it for a mint 228.

Of course I immediately removed the ridiculous cage code sticker.

Only change I would make besides the trigger is to lose the goofy logo on top of the slide.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M11-A1 is my most carried gun. I usually carry it IWB in a custom holster, pretty much a copy of a crossbreed supertuck, with a magpul leather gun belt. While it certainly isn't a small gun, it conceals fine under a tshirt. Sure, if you look real close you could pry spot it, but I've learned that any concerns over printing are usually just in the carriers head.

I specifically chose it over any other p229 because it has no rail and no beavertail. The 3 mags, night sights, and SRT didn't hurt either. And yes, I immediately pulled off that dumb sticker.

If anyone is gonna talk you out of it, it won't be me. I love it!

Posts: 34 | Location: Ohio | Registered: March 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the UID labels were removed pretty quickly. I don't mind the SIG logo on top; it's pretty low-key anyway.

My wife and I both hated the thin, short reach trigger, so when we sent them in for the AEP, we had them install the standard 'fat' trigger on them; much better!

The stock 228 grips are ok, but I have E2's on my 226, and love them, so I bought a pair for the FDE M11, and they were a great addition, both in feel and appearance.

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carried one for about a year because I shot it so well. Then the damn firing pin retention pin broke and locked up the firing pin. So while I waited for Sig to send me a new pin I started carrying my G19 again and couldn't believe the difference in size and weight. Yes the M11A1 shoots fantastic! It is just too damn bulky and heavy.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
Carried one for about a year because I shot it so well. Then the damn firing pin retention pin broke and locked up the firing pin. So while I waited for Sig to send me a new pin I started carrying my G19 again and couldn't believe the difference in size and weight. Yes the M11A1 shoots fantastic! It is just too damn bulky and heavy.

It does have some weight to it, but I do like all metal.

Kevin

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fired the Army version M11 at the range yesterday and today doing the CID qualification (no I'm not CID but nmy 1SGs wife is their company commander). That thing is a piece of work. I'm usually a glock guy but now I find myself browsing gunbroker for one. Too big for daily conceal carry, I'm a skinny guy so it's G43 for me, but it is a nice pistol. Now to find a way to talk my wife into letting me get yet another gun...

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of times I carry a pocket pistol, the Kel Ted in .380. Only seven rounds but better than nothing. My brother just picked up the Sig 938 but I don't think that is a pocket pistol.

Stay safe

Kevin

posted Hide Post
Combat Vet: Sorry for the late reply and welcome home to you as well Sir. I was at An Loc in the SF "B" camp there as their FAC supporting the "A" camps at Chan Tan, Loc Ninh and Bu Dop.

I think you'll like that M11A1...mine's a beauty and a fine fighting handgun. Wish I'd had it 47 years ago, but then I did all right with an issue 1911A1 or the Browning Hi-Power that came a bit later. Liked the capacity of the Browning, and no other gun in my experience fits as well in the hand. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
Thanks all and Rodfac welcome home! I was with 101st Airborne up in Phu Bai.

Kevin

I picked up an M11A1 yesterday. Now need to see how it shoots.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

What did you have done to it?

kevin

Like a dream is how it shoots. Mine had a trip to Exeter for a little extra loving, came back even better. Smile[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

AEP, springs and barrel crown. Last two were just because it was on sale. Father's Day specials should be back again soon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M11A1 is heavier than what I am used to, my 239, but for both I use a Milt Sparks VM2: two arrived last week after an 8-9 month wait which is very comfortable and the second for each is a Galco Miami Classic for the 239 and a Miami Classic 2 for the M11A1. The latter has wider straps and horizontal mag carriers. These are very comfortable and concealable with these smaller pistols. The Version 2 only fits on the M11A1 according to the holster finder app. The version 1 is made for the 239 and has worked well for me over years.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post