SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    When you travel by air what handgun do you take?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When you travel by air what handgun do you take? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 or 43x. Usually I’m met at the airport by a friend that hands me a gun in the parking deck...and you’d be surprised what I make in a month.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
A basic P320 or P365, if lost/stolen not too much heartbreak.

Very good choice. After the last time I flew, I was home unpacking. I had the form in my bag that it had been searched. I had items in my bag that did not belong to me.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 or P239

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Glock 19 or 43x. Usually I’m met at the airport by a friend that hands me a gun in the parking deck...and you’d be surprised what I make in a month.

I never noticed you were in Hoover. I just spent a couple weeks there and it’s a nice area.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

I never noticed you were in Hoover. I just spent a couple weeks there and it’s a nice area.

If you come back through, let me know. There are several of us around here.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
When you do fly what type of container is the gun in ? And yes I know it goes with the checked baggage.
Thanks in advance.

hard sided pistol case ... I have several... one that actually holds two pistols. Of course you lock it with a non TSA lock (the reality is they can open it anyway... believe me I know) for years I also included several loaded mags in the cases.... Delta says the ammo needs to be in a factory box... but TSA actually says ammo can be in a magazine so the last two times I flew I put a loaded magazine under the empty one. either way this allows you once out of the airport to just open the case, load a magazine and chamber a round. I pack my holster in with my carry on.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you come back through, let me know. There are several of us around here.

I definitely will. I hope to be back there eventually. Not only did I like the area but the company I was working with was great too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I usually bring my Glock 45.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Usually my Glock 43x. Small enough to carry, inexpensive, can use with 15 round magazines or 10 if in a state with limitations.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post