SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shot a P365XL today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shot a P365XL today Login/Join 
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted
I recently moved from California, which has an extremely restrictive law regarding what guns you can buy, to the beautiful western hills of North Carolina. I took a part-time job as a range safety officer at a great shooting facility here, which gives me the opportunity to see and handle lots and lots of new things.

I was working this afternoon, it was slow, so myself and the other RSO decided to do some shooting with our own guns. I had my G48 and a P10C, my fellow RS0 Had a SIG P375XL, which I had been wanting to try. I Loaded up 12 rounds of Fiochi 124’s and put 12 rounds into a nice ragged hole in the X ring at 10 yards.

What a nice CCW pistol. Good factory trigger, great ergo’s, and I didn’t ride the slide stop like I do on my G48. Really impressed. Put about 100 rounds through it, slow fire, low ready to controlled pairs, it ate out the X ring.

So now I need one.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My standard 365 will shoot better than I’m able to; it’s really uncanny just how accurate this tiny little auto is. I imagine the slightly bigger handful of the XL makes for even better groups.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the XL is the sweet spot of the CCW’s. Everyone who mods their P365 adds on or all of what the XL has.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I started with the 365 Tacpac and swapped in an XL grip mod right after and that works for me.
I got a 365XL slide assy and Romeo0 and tried that all out for a bit then sold it off.
I just liked the 365 slide better with the XL grip and it's plenty accurate for me.

I was kinda thinking about getting the 365 slide cut for a red dot but am just leaving it alone.
Icarus has some nice aluminum grip mods but they are a bit more than I want to spend.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
I too have the P365 and run the XL grip module, so I guess it is a P365x.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
How does it compare to a standard P365 with a 12rd mag?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
How does it compare to a standard P365 with a 12rd mag?

I like the P365 with XL grip much better than the P365 with 12 round spacer magazine.

The grip length is identical. But with the XL grip I can reload without shifting my grip or pinching a finger. And the XL grip has an elongated beavertail compared to the standard 365 grip, which is good for guys with big monkey paws like me.

You give up a little bit of pocketability since you can't use 10 round flush mags anymore. But I can still fit it in a gym short pocket or the front pocket of a hoodie, which are the only real places where I occasionally pocket carry my P365 anyway. (Anytime I'm wearing real pants, I carry in a real holster on a belt.) And if I ever decide I need to pocket carry it in something else, it takes ~20 seconds to swap back into the standard grip.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
You can use your 10 round mags flush with "Tactical Development" "10-XL Flush Spacer for SiG Sauer P365 XL". I have two and they are very well made.

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Why?? Last I checked, 12 rounds is more better than 10 rounds... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah... Unless you're in a ban state where mags are capped at 10 but you want the bigger XL grip, I fail to see the benefit there.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I’d have WAY more than 100 rounds through mine if it wasn’t for this current ammo drought. I’ve got smallish hands so the XL’s grip fits me perfectly. I’m one of those who wants my hand to fit fully on a grip as opposed to having a pistol where my pinky extends onto an extended magazine or onto a mag extender, but still concealable.

I really like the trigger, and I like that it is less snappy as my former G43 was. I could have been happy carrying my G43 for the long haul, but this XL, gives me a little more confidence with it 12+1 capacity. To add, I think it is a really good looking pistol.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Why?? Last I checked, 12 rounds is more better than 10 rounds... Wink

Because it came with two 10 round magazines and I would rather have them to use than just sit in the safe. So I have 2x10, 2x12, and one 15 round.

Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ftttu:
I’m one of those who wants my hand to fit fully on a grip as opposed to having a pistol where my pinky extends onto an extended magazine or onto a mag extender, but still concealable.

Me too. The XL barely makes it for me.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have medium sized hands and the 12 round mags on the P365 are just right. I put pinky extensions on the 10 rounders for the very few times I would pocket carry. I also have a 15 round mag that works great but that is usually just a range mag or emergency back up.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post